Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm at approximately 93k miles. Did a drain in fill of the AT fluid at 60k. I drive the car relatively hard, so going to stick with the aggressive maintenance schedule. Was going to do a flush this time, and was trying to get the opinion of folks on whether to change the filter in the in the AT. First, I am not handy, and will not be doing this myself. I have an awesome mechanic who will.

Should the filter be changed, and if so how much work is it to do it, and also what part should I get if so? I found the ACDELCO Part # TF101M {#89001369} on rockauto.com for $24.79 or $15.74 for the last whole-sale item in stock.

All thoughts/inputs very much appreciated!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The filter that Honda lists is a sort of mesh that is not designed to be replaced during the maintenance schedule, and cannot be replaced unless you open the transmission casing. It's a long process, and I think you are better off simply flushing the fluid out of the transmission.

·
Jeff
902 Posts
I think you just have to change the ATF filter once during the lifetime of the car, it's there to gather shavings for when the auto transmission is first breaking in. I read that somewhere, but its not in the manual

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.