Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, for some reason the passenger front door lock on my 04 tsx wont open with the alarm or the door lock button on either the driver or pass. side buttons.

I have been doing some research on the topic and ive found tht ppl are saying tht it is the lock actuator. I have read somewhere tht if the flood light on the door isnt light then the lock actuator does not work. My case the flood light is on and if you put a finger on the lock and hit the button then you feel a little something but the lock doesnt open or close.

Do you thnk my lock actuator is weak??/doesnt work???
Any ideas/ suggestion before i actually buy an acuator / rip apart my door???

I have found a DIY somewhere in changing the dam thing.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts
When you hit unlock and lock, its looks all the other doors correct? If so, Its most likely the passenger door lock actuator.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct. all other doors respond via alarm remote and both lock buttons in the car.

Do you thnk tht its just weak or something because there is a little response when you rest your finger on the passenger door lock and hit the button???

·
2,725 Posts
Yes, Mines like that to. I have the part, I just have yet to replace it. This is a very known problem on most Hondas. Its a pretty easy fix if you are good with cars, if not, I would let the dealer do it.

Good luck!

·
2,725 Posts
I found it was cheaper to get it from Honda or Acura then it is to order online due to shipping cost. Good Luck!

·
Registered
321 Posts
i had this same problem with my 04 when i first bought it. Luckily i still had warranty at the time so i just took it to the dealer to have it fixed.

·
2,725 Posts
i believe the passenger front actuator is the hardest to replace. Ive done it, and recently, my driver's side one went out. Im going to just pay someone to replace it.
Why is the passenger one the hardest? I have changed out the driver front and it wasn't that bad at all. As long as you took your time it was fairly easy. I know there is a DIY on here.

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
i think it's stated on the DIY on here. The difficulty is only because of the angle and the way the actuator is positiioned. It just takes patience. But I got the sticky stuff on the door all over the place. Even the window :(

·
2,725 Posts
i think it's stated on the DIY on here. The difficulty is only because of the angle and the way the actuator is positiioned. It just takes patience. But I got the sticky stuff on the door all over the place. Even the window :(
Nice, I still need to put mine in. I cant see paying Acura $150 dollars to put it in tho. :/

·
Registered
390 Posts
Replace the door lock actuator. It will be hard the first time you do it, but you'll have about 1 fail per year, at least, from now on, and you'll get pretty good at replacing them.

The door lock actuator is one of many corners cut by Honda when they built your car.

·
Registered
407 Posts
if you lock and unlock your doors with your key fob, and every other doors function and not the passenger side then yeah its the passenger door lock actuator....i replaced mines roughly 2 weeks ago, was a pain in the hole, took it back apart 3 times, but yeah at the end of the day had everything working great...!

dunno if you have a actual part number but here is the part #:72115-SDA-A01

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL, I guess I should have registered on here sooner, going thru the forums is just like, yup, yup, yup, haha. Great resources on here.

·
Offical Noob
85 Posts
hey guys, I know this an old thread but I'm having a problem with the drivers side back door lock actuator. I bought the part and pulled the interior door off and was able to unscrew the 3 screws that were a bit difficult to get out.

My problem is I can't figure out how to unhook/remove the door handle rod to allow me to get the actuator out of the door.

Anyone have advise for me on getting that specific door handle rod off? remember this not a front door but the driver's back door if that matters. This is the first time I've tried to fix a door actuator but I do have experience with car repairs.

disregard, I found the black clip and got the actuator out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey, Guys
how's it goning there? quick question...i have had a rear passenger side door lock that "unlocks" when all door are in locked position and it locks up when the rest of the doors are unlocked. so just replaced a new door lock actuator on rear passenger side door but it does not fix the problem and the locking machinism acting opposit to the rest of the locks issue still persist. does any of you guys ever run into the same issue like i'm having here or any one knows what might be the real issue here. any tips and suggesstion would be appreciated. thanks.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts