Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

My wife's TSX's passenger window has not worked in some time. The switch is broken but sometimes it rolls down and up on its own. Last night it rolled down and then only rolled halfway up. I tried swapping switches from the other doors. I always hear a click whether I select up and down but no motion. Strangely the rear passenger window stopped working while troublshooting and has not worked again, but it did work last night because I rolled it down while driving and back up no problem. Fuses are good under the dash and 12v at all 3 windows the driver and driver rear work fine. I tested the relay/bypassed it under the dash still just clicks but no motion. We rarely drive since we both work from home so would just like to get it back up and call it a day. Thinking of removing the door panel and just disconnecting it from the regulator and then taping it up but idk if the bolts will be in the right place. Any other ideas as far as something I could just do to have it roll up the rest of the way? I was thinking maybe do the jump on the window lock out switch but one of the windows still works so I don't think that would do anything and the relay under the dash audibly clicks when I press the button.

EDIT: I just bypassed the switch by jumping Pin 1 and 3 in the driver side switch cable and same result.

EDIT EDIT: I just now removed the master switch at the driver's door and jumped pins 10/18 and 10/9 as well as the ones for the passenger rear window and just clicks no movement. The Lockout is totally bypassed at this time. Verified fuses are good for both windows. I am at a loss.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We ended up pulling the door panel and tested to see if there was power at the connector there is so bad motor. I was able to get some flexible wrenches in there to remove the 2 bolts and move the window up and tape it. Glad that is taken care of now. Rear window still doesn’t work but at least it’s up.

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
591 Posts
Sounds like you have a bad window regulator (motor assembly). The teeth get worn or broken and the window fails moving at the bad points consistently until the motor goes out or more teeth get affected.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went ahead and replaced the regulator and motor today. Was pleased it only took about 15 minutes start to finish. Got a $50 one brand new on Amazon and all is well again. Got a new switch coming in as well to replace that broken one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts