Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the Acura dealer in Peabody Ma, to schedule appointment to match my immobilizer to my 08 ecu i bought. Some woman called me back and said that is impossible and that they've never in-counter that before... I read on hondata website it works with the adapters provided just need to match the immobilizer to the new ecu. She said its not guaranteed to work , so i got confused and told her ill call back some other time.. if i go to a Honda dealer would they be able to do it ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
If that woman you're referring to is Ilana Snyderman, she doesn't know what she is talking about sometimes. I used to go there and dealt with her twice and had a bad experience both times, the other service reps are ok though. Why don't you try another dealer? I found Acura of Boston to be more helpful.

·
Registered
831 Posts
I bought my 2008 TSX used from Honda dealership, I bought my TL-S switchblade keys from HeelToe, I spoke with my service representative while getting my oil done and we set up the appointment, they programmed both my TL-S keys and left one original one as a Valet Key, not only that, the whole thing was $55 and took less than an hour. So YES HONDA can program your ACURA Immobilizer, its just a matter of how good of service you can find in your area. I hope this little bit of info helped you out. If you cant find anyone in Peabody MA, take a drive down to Watertown, CT Honda of Watertown, i got visit my buddy VinVestors in Peabody MA, its about a 2 hour drive from where i live and about another 20 minutes from me to Watertown so youre looking at about a tank of gas which shouldnt cost you more than $55 + $55 to get the keys done :D so roughly $110 +/- depending if you wanna do anything while youre in CT hehe. Most of places i researched to program my immobilizer wanted $75-$150 which is a BS price. like i said look up Honda of Watertown if you dont mind the drive, call them up, set up an appointment ( you need one for sure ) and come down to CT !!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought TL-S switchblade keys from HT as well, haven't received them yet tho. 55 Is not bad. Do you need both keys to be matched i bough a pair i though bringing one works? Sens i havent received the Tl-s keys can i bring the oem key and have it matched, and when i get the tl-s i should have no problem, sens they are the same.

·
Registered
831 Posts
You need all keys present, i think once they program the new key to your immobilizer the old chip gets disabled so the new key will work and the old key wont, dont quote me on that though but it makes more sense to do it that way for security reasons if you ask me. like i mentioned i programmed all my keys at once and it was $55 and about half hour of work according to my tech.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info. So I'd have to wait for the HT tl-s keys, then go match the immobilizer and the new ecu .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts