Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody found good pedals for the tsx?

I have the 5AT and i want the brake, gas, and foot rest... metal or something decent.

How much? How hard is it to put them on? etc etc... any help would be great.

Ive looked around and didnt find anywhere to buy any...:-\

Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i just think that the metal ones would give it a new look... i like constant changes in the car...and i cnat think of much else at the moment :) lol

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
vp911 said:
i just think that the metal ones would give it a new look... i like constant changes in the car...and i cnat think of much else at the moment :) lol
Oh, OK.....how about one of those vanilla-aroma things, you know, that make the car smell like a powder room? :D

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I want to get aluminum sport pedals for my 6MT.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
What don't you like about what we've got?

Larchmont, who never much thought about the pedals....
The usual reason to change pedals is so you can do a heel-and-toe downshift. (This requires you to use the clutch, brake and gas pedals all at once, and that requires that appropriately spaced and sized pedals, so you can brake using the ball of your right foot while also using the edge of your right foot to blip the throttle. Neither your heel nor your toes are used per se.)

Some cars like Porsches and BMWs have the pedals set up to heel-and-toe from the factory. Others, like Volvo, have the pedals spaced so you can drive a manual transmission car wearing lumberjack boots. Some, like the Crown Victoria, have the pedals spaced almost in different time zones. Remember the Audi 5000 "unintended acceleration" problem? The 5000's pedals (even on the ATs) were spaced closely for heel-and-toe on the MTs. Now, thanks to the tort lawyer industry, cars that might be purchased by complete drumthwackets have near-idiot proof pedal spacing. So if you want to heel-and-toe you can either buy one of my favorite "ass-engined Nazi hot rods" or buy the plates. (Or make the pedal plates - it'll take about $5 of aluminum stock and a couple of hours.)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
TSX 'R' US said:
Wow... ~$150...that's pretty steep for some looks...
The price of importing from Japan.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
bob shiftright said:
The usual reason to change pedals is so you can do a heel-and-toe downshift. (This requires you to use the clutch, brake and gas pedals all at once, and that requires that appropriately spaced and sized pedals, so you can brake using the ball of your right foot while also using the edge of your right foot to blip the throttle. Neither your heel nor your toes are used per se.)
Say Bob,

I read somewhere heel-and-toe downshifting would be better facilitated with the new Euro Accord / TSX gas pedal design?

This kinda ties in with another thread discussion started in "Dainty rear disk brakes" but one of the changes Honda made on the Euro Accord was from the old style short "floating gas pedal" to the current design where its longer and fixed at the bottom.

BTW, this design is really not new as I recall the big 3 using it for many years during the 60's.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
....This requires you to use the clutch, brake and gas pedals all at once, and that requires that appropriately spaced and sized pedals, so you can brake using the ball of your right foot while also using the edge of your right foot to blip the throttle....
For all the old-timers: Somehow this brings to mind Rose Mary Woods. :D

BTW: http://usgovinfo.about.com/library/weekly/aa081301a.htm

No idea if they ever did recover that 18 minute gap....

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
For all the old-timers: Somehow this brings to mind Rose Mary Woods. :D
So you're saying Republican women must know how to drive? :)

Speaking of Republican driving skills, I like to drive fast, but when I worked in Foggy Bottom in the 1980s I used to take Rock Creek Parkway back to my apartment, and I'd often get my doors sucked off by a very nice old E-type Jaguar coupe.

The license plate read "US Senate, Tennessee, #1".

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
hip said:
The price of importing from Japan.
I think you can get them here for less, but have to find shops that sell them.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea... i havnt been able to find any :-\

·
Registered
23 Posts

Here it is installed in my Euro Accord which is RHD. I ordered the pedals from Japanparts and they took two weeks to get here (Sydney, Australia). The gas pedal is just a cover that you need to drill and pop rivet it to the existing rubber surface of the stock pedal. With the brake, you need to take off the rubber cover from the stock, drill holes if necessary and put on the new one with the supplied screws. Finally you have to take the rubber foot rest out and put in the new one. It's held on by two plastic clips (i broke one while trying to take it out).

Hope this helps :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts