Acura TSX Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed this when your driving downhill facing on coming traffic? Its so annoying.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,352 Posts
It hasn't been a problem for me, except one time recently some idiot thought I was riding behind him with my high beams on. He then proceeded to pull over and follow me with his high beams. What a jerk! I shared some choice words with him at the traffic light and yelled to him the difference between high beams and HIDs (he was going left and I was going right). My words were some what tame since my son was in the back seat. I was pretty pissed after all that and I just got done shooting my new .40 and it was in the car...bad timing on this butt-head's part.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
happens once in awhile but only with idiots. Last time I was at the bottom of a hill not even started up yet and some suv was coming down and flashed me. Considering our cut-off pattern I know theres no way possible the lights were in his eyes, he was just staring at them. He promptly got a taste of my real brights

:devil:
 

·
Slickness...
Joined
·
971 Posts
Sometimes I get flashed if I pull hard at a stop sign. The front of the car rases up and the lights raise up as well...Oh well, they'll get over it. No way am I ever going to adjust the beam, they shoot down the road perfectly.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
8,663 Posts
Used to get it...from SUVs too!! I just surprise them with my brights :devil:
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Happens to me CONSTANTLY.

Part of the reason is.....I never liked the HID's, never felt they illuminated enough of the road. IMO it's definitely less than with other cars I've had (most people can't believe that), and WAY less than my previous car, the '03 TL-S -- so at my first servicing, I had the lights focused just a wee bit higher.
Made it a bit better for me, but a lot worse for oncoming traffic.
At my second servicing, I had the lights brought back down just a tad -- maybe splitting the difference.

BTW.....I had the problem even originally -- i.e. before I had them turned up.

So.....those other drivers don't like my HID's. And I don't either.
As most of you know, I love the TSX. This is the one part of it that I don't.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,352 Posts
joerockt said:
Sometimes I get flashed if I pull hard at a stop sign. The front of the car rases up and the lights raise up as well...Oh well, they'll get over it. No way am I ever going to adjust the beam, they shoot down the road perfectly.
Yeah, that was part of my problem/situation I mentioned earlier.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
5,757 Posts

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
We have too many cars with HIDs in our area. If people high-beamed everytime they got followed by a car with HID, everybody here would be high-beaming everybody else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
TSX7 said:
You mean you guys don't carry this around?

http://www.canadiantire.ca/assortme...4443278249&assortment=primary&fromSearch=true

Show them who's the boss. :laugh:

I only use them if they keep their high beams on after I flash them to let them know it's not my high beams.
I wonder if the white of the HIDs (versus yellow of regular incandescants) makes driving with them on so unnoticeable. It's really starting to scare me because for some strange reason I find myself constantly forgetting to turn my lights on at night with this car? Can anyone explain why I might be doing this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
20Seven said:
I wonder if the white of the HIDs (versus yellow of regular incandescants) makes driving with them on so unnoticeable. It's really starting to scare me because for some strange reason I find myself constantly forgetting to turn my lights on at night with this car? Can anyone explain why I might be doing this?
The LEDs that light up the dash board is too bright at night so I have to turn the HIDs on to dim them. For me, DRL are not bright enough to drive around at night.
 

·
The Voice of Reason
Joined
·
1,481 Posts
larchmont said:
I never liked the HID's, never felt they illuminated enough of the road. IMO it's definitely less than with other cars I've had
I think we need to call the Guinness Book of World Records.

Larch, the editors of Consumer Reports, and I all agree about something, the TSX headlights!

"This, many claim, is not merely impossible but clearly insane, which is why the advertising executives of the star system of Bastablon came up with this slogan: ''If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?'"
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe



Arriving at Milliways
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I think we need to call the Guinness Book of World Records.
Larch, the editors of Consumer Reports, and I all agree about something, the TSX headlights!
Half the world just suffered apoplexy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
TSX7 said:
The LEDs that light up the dash board is too bright at night so I have to turn the HIDs on to dim them. For me, DRL are not bright enough to drive around at night.
1. Shouldn't you have your headlights on regardless at night?


Anyway, any takers on explaining why I keep forgetting to turn my headlights on at night with this vehicle?

20Seven said:
I wonder if the white of the HIDs (versus yellow of regular incandescants) makes driving with them on so unnoticeable. It's really starting to scare me because for some strange reason I find myself constantly forgetting to turn my lights on at night with this car? Can anyone explain why I might be doing this?
 

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I think we need to call the Guinness Book of World Records.

Larch, the editors of Consumer Reports, and I all agree about something, the TSX headlights!

"This, many claim, is not merely impossible but clearly insane, which is why the advertising executives of the star system of Bastablon came up with this slogan: ''If you've done six impossible things this morning, why not round it off with breakfast at Milliways, the Restaurant at the End of the Universe?'"
-Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe



Arriving at Milliways
Love that picture. Read the book like a gazillion times now! :thumbsup:
 

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
Joined
·
13,780 Posts
20Seven said:
1. Shouldn't you have your headlights on regardless at night?


Anyway, any takers on explaining why I keep forgetting to turn my headlights on at night with this vehicle?
In our area, there are tons of cat's eyes on the road, so it picks up the HID's light pretty well. That's how I can tell, in a relatively well lit area, if my HIDs are on.

Otherwise, I just look for that really dim blue indicator on the dashboard.

You might also want to adjust the brightness of your dashboard down so it doesn't seem so bright.
 

·
Slickness...
Joined
·
971 Posts
20Seven said:
I wonder if the white of the HIDs (versus yellow of regular incandescants) makes driving with them on so unnoticeable. It's really starting to scare me because for some strange reason I find myself constantly forgetting to turn my lights on at night with this car? Can anyone explain why I might be doing this?
Sorry to say it, but one would really have to have their head up their ass to drive around without their lights on. Just no excuse for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
joerockt said:
Sorry to say it, but one would really have to have their head up their ass to drive around without their lights on. Just no excuse for it.

Trust me I'll be the first to admit that I do at times as everyone does but for some odd reason I have forgotten a few times in this car and never did in my Accord. Coincidence? I think not.
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top