Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As few people know i have a turbo tsx and also had a lil problem with walbro 255 fuel pump, you have to modify your canister to make it fit. i decided to find other options and i came across DeatschWerks 265 LPH Compact In-Tank Fuel Pump powerful than the walbro in every other way. it goes in just like stock you don't have to modify the canister . use provided o ring and use your stock filter. here is the link to purchase on clubrsx K Series Parts.com DeatschWerks 265 LPH Compact In-Tank Fuel Pump
any question i will be glad to help :)

·
Triple Platinum Member
601 Posts
I wonder if this will be enough for my Nitrous/ITB/Quad Rotrex build...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Im a noob when it comes to fuel pumps, but would upgrading my stock fuel pump to this one have any benefit on my daily driven 2008 TSX ? so far i have no mods but eventually plan to go full bolt on's header,intake,exhaust flash pro... sorry again for noob questions :(

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Im a noob when it comes to fuel pumps, but would upgrading my stock fuel pump to this one have any benefit on my daily driven 2008 TSX ? so far i have no mods but eventually plan to go full bolt on's header,intake,exhaust flash pro... sorry again for noob questions :(
Not at all, stock pump and lines are fine up to around 350-400 whp.

EDIT: on 93 pump gas. E85 would require a larger pump and lines.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Its also E85 friendly. I've been running this pump with my build.
What fuel pump isn't?

E85 is going to mess up any fuel system over time as it crystallizes/gunks up -- have to have the injectors & pump cleaned. Not a huge issue on cars as long as you're aware of it and have the injectors professionally serviced. Marine applications have real problems because they sit for much, much longer.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
What fuel pump isn't?

E85 is going to mess up any fuel system over time as it crystallizes/gunks up -- have to have the injectors & pump cleaned. Not a huge issue on cars as long as you're aware of it and have the injectors professionally serviced. Marine applications have real problems because they sit for much, much longer.
I have never seen E85 change constancy if its properly maintained as well as any parts needing a cleaning. Alcohol fuels are hygroscopic, meaning they will absorb water. The worst thing that can happen to an injector is letting an alcohol fuel sit in the rail for a long time in humid hot weather, the injectors will literally rust shut.

Fuel stabilizers are super important if the car is going to sit longer than a week or two. Or in the winter run your car low on gas and switch over to pump gas, pull your fuel rail out(with injectors) and plug your rail.

EDIT: zulu: Im not disagreeing with you as the marine industry definitely struggles with alcohol. Also boats live very close to water, but even than when a fuel system in a boat is maintained correctly do you still see the same issues?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn I just bought the walbro 255 :(
It's probably the same part for my '09 TSX...
you might want to see if u can return it. your fuel canister wont close properly with that pump

you dont need to upgrade your fuel pump yet unless you have money to waste on gas. get flashpro first and then fuel pump

1 - 20 of 31 Posts