Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I’m an 05 TSX owner & my car has over 157k on it & the exhaust is starting to go.

Looking for advice on updating my exhaust system to a new performance exhaust system. Interested to find out what other TSX owners have upgraded to (what brand) & why? I would like a low to medium sound level nothing too aggressive since I live in a development that has a noise ordinance. Don’t want to wake up the neighborhood.

Chez

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I’m an 05 TSX owner & my car has over 157k on it & the exhaust is starting to go.

Looking for advice on updating my exhaust system to a new performance exhaust system. Interested to find out what other TSX owners have upgraded to (what brand) & why? I would like a low to medium sound level nothing too aggressive since I live in a development that has a noise ordinance. Don’t want to wake up the neighborhood.

Chez
I just bought a Yonaka catback, Has a deep sound and is not too loud even on cold start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the plm 4-2-1 and skunk2 catback and I’m very disappointed in the sound. Sounds very cheap and not crisp at all

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've heard that plm headers have a unpleasant sound to them. My guess is, that's the issue. Is there space to add a resonator? Would definitely help

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Tanabe Medallion Touring cat-back system is known for being on the the low end both in sound and tone. It will stay that way unless you start adding things like a cold air intake and a free-flow cat. This goes for all systems.

I have the Tanabe and am pleased with it even with the mentioned add-ons. I did change the resonator to a longer one which helped quiet it a little more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts