Acura TSX Forum banner

PIAA Tera LED Park Lights (White)

9K views 47 replies 10 participants last post by  Peregrine 
#1 ·
PIAA Japan has just released a new 1W power rated LED that is 12 times more powerful and brighter than it's original LED series. This raises automotive lighting to higher standards with stronger light emissions and reduced power consumption with a designated lifetime of approximately 5-6 years. Not bad for a product with an approximate RRP USD$50+ ~ $60+ for a set.

See less See more
#2 ·
Can this be used for back-up lights ?
I'd do anything to get brighter back-up.

#8 ·
hmmm....checked PIAA's website...and I'm not sure if those LED bulbs will fit for the OEM fog lights...

#11 ·
m...i bought it @ parker place........my bulb is not look like that....but it's reli bright...
i think it's HYBIRD....japanese brand

it's like 20bux.....about.....not sure.....i got to check with my bro coz my bro it to me...i will let u know later....

#12 ·
Very impressive product from PIAA. Each LED comes with it's own individual ballast that needs to be wired for power. This light output is pure white, very similar to HID headlights with no faint of any yellowish accent. This is indeed significantly brighter than any replacement park light bulbs or LEDs I've ever seen. After all, I don't think any manufacturer has made ballast powered LEDs except PIAA.

#15 · (Edited)
just found some interesting information~~

PIAA H-370(aka TERA) ---------- 12X brighter, 4500K, splicing req, US$65
PIAA H-371(SUPER TERA) ---- 12X brighter, 5500K, splicing req, US$69
PIAA H-374(SUPER TERA) ---- 18X brighter, 4500K, plug'n'play, US$80!!!

the one that in the first post is H-370 which need the following mod....
http://www.priracing.co.uk/e/PIAATera.pdf

#16 ·
damn I would love to get these for my license plate lights but I would want the ones that are plug and play

#18 ·
I just got finished installing the Wide Angle Superstar w/ Heatsink': 1 LED, from autolumination for my license plate lights.... they look awesome! They are only $7.99 each, so you need two of them.

They plug right in, no need for any mod's etc. Night and day difference over stock. Very bright white. They also have them in other colors etc, but for license plate, white is the only way to go.

These same LED's are what I used for my door lights, again they plug right in, and are very bright and give off a very wide spectrum of bright white light.

If anybody's interested, all you need is 4 total, 2 for the license plate lights, and 2 for the doors, and they look sweet.

#19 ·
acurasrule, show some pics of the license plate lights

#20 ·
It's ironic that you guys are actually improving bulbs for a license plate :). If I were to do anything with them I'd actually want to make the illumination worse, to stay less conspicuous :grinno: - don't need cops and other ppl to actually notice my license plate. Besides, NJ plates are yellow, so even if I upgrade to pure white light, it'll still show a yellow plate, so there's really no improvement from stock yellowish light.

#21 ·
I don't have any of the license plate light pictures right now, but here is a stock photo from autolumination...showing the led I used.... LOOK how bright it is... I'm telling ya, it looks awesome as a license plate light, and easy very easy to install, once you understand how you the bulb housing is setup, very easy to pull out, and pop in this one.

#23 ·
ours in DE is blue so it looks sweet, right now I'm using tec-toyz and they are ok but I want something brighter

#25 ·
Ok, give me an hour, I'll take some pics tonight of the license plate light

#26 ·
alright your on the clock, he he

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.