Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally had my friend installed the rear fog light for me.
Now it is operated by a 2004 Honda Accord fog light switch.
It fits perfect in TSX and the color even match.

Before its on:

Rear fog light on:

Fog light switch:

The rear fog light is wired to the parking light, so it will turn on when at least the park light is turn on. My friend tried to hook it up to the low beam headlight, but seems it will be too difficult...so we just don't bother and the park light option seems fine to me. Good thing is when the park light automatcially turn off, it will turn off the fog light as well, so there is no worry for leaving the fog light on and drain the battery. It took my friend a bit over a hour to wire everything, so if any DIY-ers out there...its not that hard to do.

motsx

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
that's pretty sweet!!

:thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
very nice!:thumbsup:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
You still haven't said ... What is the Honda part number for the fog light assembly? :banghead:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry the label was cut off from the box....I dont' know the actual part number either

motsx

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Thanks for the response. Those who sold you the stuff clearly wants a monopoly of this product.

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
nice! rear fog..

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
hey guys, is it me or is it only one that is lighting on the left?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
Drunkenbuda said:
hey guys, is it me or is it only one that is lighting on the left?
it is only the LEFT light thats on. If you notice, most german cars (merc, audi, etc.) have an extra bright red light on in the rear when they're fog lights are on. The reason is, fog lights in most other parts of the world, actually serve a purpose, to illuminate during foggy areas. So, fog lights would illuminate the front, and the one light in the rear (extra bright) is to signify to other drivers there is a vehicle there in the event of fog.

In the states, foggy areas aren't as common as in, lets say england, so they're more of an aesthetic accessory, IMO.

Hope that helps.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Mercedes, BMW and Lexus practice having 2 rear fog lights instead of 1. I'd personally get 2 instead of one if I wanted to do an entire rear lamp assembly retrofit. You'd need;

- RHD rear fog (Found only in UK models)
- LHD rear fog (Found in EU models)

In doing so, you'd effectively lose both rear reverse signals though.

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
nice pics. I would rather keep the backup lights though.. my personal thoughts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts