Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not as good as Neo or any other photographers on the site,
but here are my shots of today with my friend's RSX-S. ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
3,158 Posts
nice, try to pick an empty parking lot..

or use that blue building as the background... drive right up next to it...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Hey, whaddya mean, not as good as Neo's.....those are great too!

(If you like the back of a warehouse.) :lol:

No really -- neat pics!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can someone explain to me why it is cool to re-badge an Acura as a Honda? Isn't it like re-badging a Lexus as a Toyota?

No offense, just curious.
G

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
GFunk said:
Can someone explain to me why it is cool to re-badge an Acura as a Honda? Isn't it like re-badging a Lexus as a Toyota?

Good question. I don't exactly understand it either, but from what we're heard on these boards, it seems like it's kind of a snobby reverse-snob thing.....

I'm sure my phraseology is going to get "corrected" :D but it goes something like this: Acuras are really just Hondas, and even though most people are stupid and don't realize it, WE know it, and we're not gonna let the world think that we don't, and besides that Hondas are great cars (which they are) and what kind of stupid BS is it to put a different name on it for prestige, the whole thing is BS, and we're not about BS. And we're proud of it!

Larchmont, who thinks Acuras are legitimately different from Hondas in the N.A. market and that the distinction is meaningful.

But knows that the "reverse-snobs" have a point. :D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,322 Posts
Good Pictures. You have to take off the "Lougheed Acura" frame @ the back.

Bender

·
HONDA Newb!
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hehe.. Thanks guys. It's very encouraging for sure :D

Anyways, on the Honda rebadging stuff, I think it is to distinguish your car from the other crowd. I dunno if it's just me that thinks that way, but I will probably switch back to Acura when I take my car back to Korea with me when I leave in about 2-3 years.. I see Japanese converting their Accord into TSXs, so why not us do the same? ;) haha..

·
助手席乗員
2,128 Posts
IMO...people just want to make the car more JDM..
since we dun have JDM Accord here...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
GFunk said:
Simple ... People want what they can't have. In Japan they want to make their cars Acuras. Elsewhere, people want it to say Honda. Much with everything else. Lexus is Toyota, Toyota is Lexus. They only mean something in terms of marketing and sales. Trim and build quality, it still sticks with the fundamentals of the corporation.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
GFunk said:

G
some people like the HOnda emblem better... some like the acura better.
Me like neither so I just keep the acura, lol

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
GFunk said:
It would be funny to see a Lexus re-badged as a Toyota.
What's so funny about that other than people no understanding why it is a Toyota instead of a Lexus? In fact, every Lexus is a Toyota but as a watered down version ... Thus the term Lexus. Toyota in Japan is very superior and still has the ultimate build quality when measured against Lexus on luxury, performance and all aspects of the identical model.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I think all they meant was that this seems NOT to happen, whereas it happens a fair amount with Acura/Honda, plus that a lot of Lexus people are so prestige-proud of their "Lexus" that they'd die if they saw it happening......

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
They need a serious wake-up call then, at least 1 item on any Lexus car can show clear indication of it being a Toyota whether they like it or not.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts