Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it too black? i was thinking about painting the grill gun metal or something and leave the acura emblem black. what you guys think? yay or nay? i will be painting my oem wheels gun metal by the way....

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea... i thought it was too black too... but i do want to keep the "A" black like the rear "A".... imma try to paint just the middle part gun metal to give a little bit of contrast...

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok... i painted the middle part gun metal and left acura emblem black... it looks sweet i think.... i shouldve clear coated it.... but i wasnt sure if i was gonna like it... but i think it looks way better than just all black....

·
Registered
874 Posts
i think you shoulda kept chrome "A" and the outline of the grill other than that looks really good. hey take a pic of the wheel paint i been wanting to do my oem 17s gunmetal my car is green and i think would look nice with a darker rim tone.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i think you shoulda kept chrome "A" and the outline of the grill other than that looks really good. hey take a pic of the wheel paint i been wanting to do my oem 17s gunmetal my car is green and i think would look nice with a darker rim tone.
I will as soon as I get home.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is the picture of my painted rims... it came out lot darker than what it is... maybe it's my post processing... lol if you wanted to know the actual paint can itself... it's dupri color gunmetal... they only have 4 colors for wheels: black, silver, gunmetal, and clear coat.

i like it... :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Clear coat isn't really a color..:laugh:

But I like the rims. Gona be doing mine gunmetal as well. Yours looks really black. How many coats did you do? And did you add a clear coat?

I still have to do my chrome delete for my car.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Clear coat isn't really a color..:laugh:

But I like the rims. Gona be doing mine gunmetal as well. Yours looks really black. How many coats did you do? And did you add a clear coat?

I still have to do my chrome delete for my car.
yea i got rid of most of the chrome too... i just gotta vinyl the window trim and i think imma go with color matched handle chrome. Yea i only did like 2 coats on the wheels without clear coat... it has hits metalic flat look... i really like it. :) one thing i shouldve done is lower it a little more... looks almost stock doesnt it? it's lowered on H&R 1.3 front and 1.2 in the back... shouldve gone with eibachs...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts