Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking at getting a W-R downpipe/header here in the next little while...read up here and found some good stuff, still have a couple questions, please chime in if you know:

1, Are new bolts needed or will the OEM ones work? If so, what size is needed?

2, Are you getting a CEL even with the defouler, and if so, how often does it show back up after clearing it?

Many thanks.

Jeff

·
Registered
721 Posts
you re use the bols and nuts on the engine

the rest are supplied

one thing is you do not get a new gasket, i just used the original honda one

im running a really short defouler and got a cel once, i cleared it and it hasnt shown since.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I was talking about the bolts that mate the test pipe to the OEM exhaust, I read somewhere that longer bolts were needed.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks. I was talking about the bolts that mate the test pipe to the OEM exhaust, I read somewhere that longer bolts were needed.
ahh yes well i have a skunk2 cat back and that came with bolts for that joint so i used them.

on mine (UKDM) tsx the oem cat had studs in it but would not have a clue about yours.

actually thinking about it im sure the weaponR header came with the threee bolts and nuts and gasket for the test pipe to catback connection as i know i have 3 spare on my workbench.

if not just go to an exhaust shop and ask for some, i got some for free last time i asked :)

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Get a new mani gasket, its like 15 bucks and you wont have a leak. I would go with Felpro gaskets. But a honda gasket is fine too.

Secondly the header is made very well, I had no issues installing it. It is a tubular design so you will hear rasp but that is expected. If you use the CEL eliminator that marcus at HT supplies you shouldnt get a code (I havnt for 6 months). Just take your time installing it, and wipe it down after you put it in!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My setup will be test pipe to OEM catback.

Will longer bolts be needed for this?

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My setup will be test pipe to OEM catback.

Will longer bolts be needed for this?
Prepping for install soon...still no word on the size needed. From reading some of the install threads here, others are saying that they had to get some bolts.

I'd love to do this in advance so I don't have to do so when the car isn't put back together. Can anyone give me the size you used?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Prepping for install soon...still no word on the size needed. From reading some of the install threads here, others are saying that they had to get some bolts.

I'd love to do this in advance so I don't have to do so when the car isn't put back together. Can anyone give me the size you used?
take the mid pipe to homedopt and see what size fits through and pick up a set bolts with the matching nut. thats what i did.

·
Registered
72 Posts

When I received mine it was missing the three bolt that joined the catback to the test pipe. I used a 1 3/4 in. Tie rod bolt from like a chevy s10 or blazer. They fit perfectly and I have not had a issue with it in almost 5 months now. I do alignments for town fair tire so I had a bunch of these bolts laying around but if u go to auto zone or pep boys I'm sure they will have them too. and yes u will need a defouler, exhaust manifold gasket, and a gasket for in between the test pipe and catback.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I received mine it was missing the three bolt that joined the catback to the test pipe. I used a 1 3/4 in. Tie rod bolt from like a chevy s10 or blazer. They fit perfectly and I have not had a issue with it in almost 5 months now. I do alignments for town fair tire so I had a bunch of these bolts laying around but if u go to auto zone or pep boys I'm sure they will have them too. and yes u will need a defouler, exhaust manifold gasket, and a gasket for in between the test pipe and catback.
Thanks. I read that there was no gasket for in between the test pipe and catback....is this an Acura part, if so what's the P/N?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts