Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
worried about voiding their warranties after doing Mods on their cars:

According to the Moss-Magnusson Warranty Act, a dealer can not deny a warranty claim unless they can definitively prove the aftermarket part caused the car malfunction. Below is the wording of the act.
Moss-Magnusson Warranty Act
(15 U.S.C. 2302(C))

(c) Prohibition on conditions for written or implied warranty; waiver by Commission
No warrantor of a consumer product may condition his written or implied warranty of such product on the consumer's using, in connection with such product, any article or service (other than article or service provided without charge under the terms of the warranty) which is identified by brand, trade, or corporate name; except that the prohibition of this subsection may be waived by the Commission if: (1) the warrantor satisfies the Commission that the warranted product will function properly only if the article or service so identified is used in connection with the warranted product, and (2) the Commission finds that such a waiver is in the public interest. The Commission shall identify in the Federal Register, and permit public comment on, all applications for waiver of the prohibition of this subsection, and shall publish in the Federal Register its disposition of any such application, including the reasons therefor.

I got this from HondaMan's writeup on the CAI install. Hope that helps!
By the way, my auto up/down feature didn't work last night too (below freezing). but after a few seconds it worked again. I have no idea why it happened.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
hey doc, i think thats how i accidentally fixed my problem too. last night when i thought i broke my auto up/down feature, i remember, opening the window all the way, then banging the door, then i closed the window back all the way (engine still on), and then after that, everything worked.

but yes, good to know about how the auto up/down feature is reset.

Everyone should keep that post about the warranty clause i posted earlier. It will come in handy for people with CAI, stereo mods, exhaust, etc.

Basically, you can't void your entire warranty for a non-related mod, ie. adding new speakers, has nothing to do with an engine problem, etc.

Doc said:
I was on a mission to find out what the hell was wrong with my window. I had a feeling that it was just something really minor because the window still worked. I read through the manual in the Power Windows section and came across the info. Previously I was only looking at the fuse section.

I am glad to have remedied this before taking it to the dealer because they probably would have taken apart my door and who knows what they would have diagnosed the problem to be. What is surprising to me is that after explaining to the service guy over the phone the problem he said they would have to examine the car to see what was wrong with it, he had no idea of the simple reset. Aren't they supposed to be Acura experts?!

I am sorry to hear about you're rear window Agent Chen, I have no idea what could cause something like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.