Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
CERTIFIED JDM KING
2,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got scammed through a guy locally on craigslist for some fake parts. I have no way of contacting him because we met at a local place for the transaction. I only have his t-mobile number 321 947 2168. Is there anyway I can find out his address through his cell phone number? thanks in advance!

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Reverse cell phone look up is very unreliable. There is no public access on address connected to cell phone numbers. There are services out there that offers reverse cell phone look up but they are just data mining companies that collect multiple information and uses the algorithm to pin point an accurate address.

I'm sorry to say but you're most likely out of luck on this one.

If I was in your situation, I would do this:

Get a google voice number.
Call him in about a week.
Find ways to phish out his location (You are doing a survey, you are verifying a newspaper delivery database, etc)
I would go as far as trying to get him to tell me his cross streets or else it will be too obvious.
If you remember his car then knowing the major cross street could help you out in your search.

·
TarmacTSX
1,589 Posts
Were they wrapped or something when you bought em? Gotta look for that made in japan stamp man, but u know that now. I would do what was suggested as far as the google voice #, I would wait a little more than a week tho so he'll think you've given up so when a different # is calling him, he'll answer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is what I would do. Go to the police that is in your district, have the cops call him. He will answer, or will return the call after they left him a message. I did that when I got scam by a shop.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Here is what I would do. Go to the police that is in your district, have the cops call him. He will answer, or will return the call after they left him a message. I did that when I got scam by a shop.
+1. Its cool and interesting to do your own PI work to find the guy, but then what are you going to do when you get him? If you so much as punch him when you find him, then you're the bad guy.

Go to the PD, bring documentation of the fake items he sold you, as well as the ad with the false advertising, and you may be able to get police assistance.

Sadly enough, you did consent to the purchase of the items, even if they were falsely advertised. Craigslist is craigslist. I've gotten burned and I'm sure many others have. Sadly 9 times out of 10, you can't do anything but "charge it to experience".

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
^ I don't think legal actions can be pressed against the seller as item is sold as is when you're dealing with private transactions on Craigslist.

Police will not "waste" their time by investigating a case where someone sold fake wheels.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Best solution is to sell the wheels and get a portion of it back... Theres no way in finding a guy that scams you on craigslist and even if you did, it wouldnt help unless you want to rob him back for your money

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

1 - 20 of 37 Posts