Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just purchased a used 2007 TSX and am eager to be part of this community and increase my technical understanding of the car, and contribute in the future. Unfortunately, I let my emotions take over after a test drive and didn't inspect the car thoroughly before buying it, placing trust in the Honda dealership I got it from, considering they gave a 2 month "limited" warranty. After a battery that failed on literally the day after I got the car, I charged it and took the car to get a replacement battery at Walmart (after much argument at the dealership for selling me a car with a failed battery and then not agreeing to put in a free replacement), where I was notified that the following plastic part had not been secured onto the car, that it has just been sitting there balanced on the surfaces around and under it (Red arrows and circles point to it in these pictures):

Being fixated on the battery, I had completely missed the missing bolts when I took the pictures (I have a habit of taking pictures before getting work done on my cars, in this case the battery work, so I know for a fact it was not the people at Walmart who messed anything up). Please help me identify this part, I would greatly appreciate it. Is this part like this by design or is it actually missing those bolts? I am worried now that if the dealership missed something this obvious, there may be other things underneath I am not aware of and need to get checked out at an independent mechanic.

Input is greatly appreciated.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
That is an intake tube cover, it just covers the opening of the end of the intake. There are 3 plastic plugs that simply snap into place to secure this part. If you remove this plastic cover you should see a tube under it leading straight down. There is a lot of plumbing in the Tsx intake. Probably 10lbs of plastic lol.

Sent from my HTC Rezound on VZW 4G LTE

·
Registered
207 Posts
yeah, those three holes has 3 plastic pins that holds it down.
i took it off when i installed my sri, i snap'd a picture for you if it help.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Not a problem they are standard TSX or Honda bitch clips I ordered 45 of them on ebay for 6 bucks they're the same clips that hold the bumper and the grill and the rear bumper all together

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
You can probably use the plastic plugs that are ridged, they aren't 2 pieces and in my opinion stay together better unless you plan to take it on and off a lot.. post a link in a sec

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts