Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Hoping to pick up an 07 tsx a-spec 6MT 95k in the Vancouver area. Seems like the owner took pretty good care of it but did get rear-ended pretty good early on in the life of the car, $9k fix. I do want this car but I want to get it for the right, fair price. Had an acura dealership look at it and it will need a new serpentine belt, most of the fluids flushed (power steering, brake), the clutch is a bit stiff, and the scary one to me is that both front compliance bushings need to be replaced (followed by an alignment).

Exterior is in just OK shape, the body has a few dings, and one of the rims has significant curb rash.

It's listed at $14k - before the inspection he said he'd be OK with $13.5k.

What do you guys think I should propose? I think $1k to fix all the issues is conservative? Or...?

Let me know what you guys think, thanks a lot.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
$9k to fix a rear end seems like A LOT! any report on damage to the frame?
what do you mean the clutch is stiff?

for almost a 100k km and an 07 that was in a major accident and not really in mint condition otherwise...
I personally wouldn't pay more than $10k for this car with everything fixed already

If the car was mint condition, no accidents, I'd pay about $12,5-13k for it with that mileage. The only way i'd give him 13,5-14 is if it had less mileage like 50k

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply firstsx.

Re the $9k accident - I have the invoice and while it does seem primarily body type stuff, there is one large line item for 'Sd rail, rear frame LT' as well as 4 hours spent by the shop doing 'pull & align unibody'. Definitely not ideal.

Re the stiff clutch - that is from the used car report from the dealership - when I test drove it there was a click-type feel when fully depressing the clutch. Not sure.

·
DESI SHER
948 Posts
Don't buy that car .. for one looks like it has frame damage .. its not worth the headache. Also the car is over priced. You can find a clean condition car for $10k .. Keep looking around G/L with the search

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Move on, i picked up an 06 6MT with 130k kms for 10 clean title no accidents.

That car is not worth 14k or anything near that figure

·
Registered
22 Posts
Agree with above... I got my 07 mint with 45k for 16k (6 months ago) .. Not cheap but a very solid.. like new car..

·
Registered
247 Posts
I agree with the others. The price isn't good enough to take that sort of risk and deal with the mediocre condition of the car. The click from the pedal is a common issue with TSX's (just fixed that problem myself. The parts came to $250).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your advice all.

I offered 11.5, he said no dice, still thinks it's worth 13.5. Sucks b/c I paid for a dealership inspection and carproof but that's how these things go I guess.

Still looking for an 6MT, hopefully 2006+.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Thanks for your advice all.

I offered 11.5, he said no dice, still thinks it's worth 13.5. Sucks b/c I paid for a dealership inspection and carproof but that's how these things go I guess.

Still looking for an 6MT, hopefully 2006+.
Why would you offer him so much after all the advice you received? :smash: you craaaaay craaay! look for an 07+ and don't pay for inspection or carfax... that should be on the seller, especially car fax. so negotiate that into your offer next time....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts