Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another message board system but no one responded. I would apreciate any help.

I am waiting on a TSX that has an ETA of March 15th. The Vin number is in the 25100s and I wanted to get an idea of if this is acurate or not. Anyone who has a Vin number aroind the 25000s please post the status of your car. If I went with arctic blue I could have had the car this Monday. I am beating myself up over it. Thanks for any information. Just for comparison the car that was coming this monday is in the 24500s. Is there anywhere I can track this online?

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Most dealerships websites have a "New car Inventory" section where you can gather information like int/ext color, transmission type, navigation, and sometimes the VIN of the cars sitting out in their lot. Although some are out-of-date, it should give you a general idea of the VIN for current cars out there.

Doing a quick search around local Acura dealers, I'm seeing VINs as high as 247XX range. So it would seem that your given VIN of 251XX sounds legit. I say keep calling your salesman and ask "is it here yet?" until they get sick and tired of you. When they do, call more and email them. That's what I did and they didn't hesitate for a second to call me when the car arrived :D

Don't :banghead: for choosing to wait. It's well worth the wait, especially in the color that you wanted. G'luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As of last Monday he said it is still on track. I am going to talk to him again Monday and see the status. Any more info? Someone who just got their car tell me the vin number please!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Whatcham's stuff sounds completely right.

I'd be interested too in other VIN's.....

BTW any particular reason why you doubt whether it's accurate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I doubt it is accurate because I have read all the horror stories about how people's delivery times have been delayed weeks, even months.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Well, that doesn't mean this one is inaccurate, at least in terms of correlating the VIN # with expected date.
But yes, there have been all too many instances of cars being estimated or even promised to be in by a certain date, and then.....

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Oh now I got you. You aren't doubting the given VIN but rather the expected delivery date.

Delays are very common (I had to wait 9 extra days for mine). You've got another week to go before the expected delivery date so expect to hear from your salesman shortly. If not, persistence never hurts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZBJZ15 said:
Thanks man that helps!!!!! This monday is the day, suposedly it is sitll on track. If you don't mind me asking what state are you in? I am in NY.

Thanks man that helps!!!!! This monday is the day, suposedly it is sitll on track. If you don't mind me asking what state are you in? I am in NY.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
So......tomorrow is it! (supposedly :nervous: )

I hope you'll have good news and a great car.

By the way.....just to make sure you know (since you asked about it over there), almost all of what you can see "over there" about my being banned is untrue, because the admin deleted or heavily edited the posts that really told about it. But, never mind about that, except that they're engaging in a fierce effort to keep most of their members from finding out where I went (along with some other members).
Any mentions of this site get deleted. (Pretty silly.)

BTW they didn't tell you the real story about leaving the prior place either, because that would have required talking about me.

Glad you're here -- hope it's been helpful and interesting.

Hope you'll tell us about the TSX when you have a chance, in between just enjoying the car!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks larchmont. I tried PMing you on the issue but it says you don't accept PMs. I still don't quite understand what happened at TSX club. It is funny reading through all the old posts and seeing all the responses to your posts but they are all gone. I always am wondering what you said. Anyway, of course the car didn't come in today. The dealer claims it will be here tommorow or wednesday. Of course the weather is going to be crap this week so my car will be trashed right away. I was hoping to avoid the snow unitl next winter, oh well. Thanks for all the help.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
First things first: Sorry the car didn't come -- I really would have bet it would. I've had very good experiences with Acura dealerships (not always but almost always), so I tend to expect positive things from them, despite the bad stories we hear. It does sound like it's just a matter of days for you, though, really. I'd bet on it.

About what happened at the other places....we try to avoid getting too much back into it, but in brief, at both places I made too many suggestions and asked too many questions as far as the admins were concerned, and I expected that we should be allowed to discuss things pretty freely. On a-tsx.com, there was the additional aspect that I didn't take kindly to being put down and insulted by an admin, especially when I wasn't allowed to reply. Plus I have this weird opinion that admins should behave toward members just as well as they expect the members to behave toward one another. And, somehow they started thinking (or being afraid) that I was trying to tell them how to run their site. I wasn't. But I did think we should be free to ask questions, express opinions, and have some freedom to discuss them without being insulted by the admin. And that's about it. Some people couldn't believe I'd rather leave the site than put up with that kind of stuff. But, as it says down there, "yes it's true."

Thanks for being interested. At this point I'm happy to put all of it behind us, except the part where they are trying to keep people from finding out about this site.

Sorry about the PM thing, and sorry for any time that you spent on it. The main reason I don't routinely do PM is that I'm relatively new with computers (believe it or not!) and not comfortable with all the different operations, so I'm still minimizing what I do on it. (Actually it's my wife's computer and this is her strong preference, but I can't say I'd want to argue with it.)

We'll be looking for that car in the next couple of days!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The car came in today!!! I will be picking it up tommorow. Does anyone know anything about the paint protection system they offer, simoniz? Is it any good?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yessssss!
Let us know for sure after you get it, plus your impressions of course!

Then again you might be too busy enjoying the car to post about it for a while..... :D
I know I was. It took me 2 weeks!

P.S. Don't know anything about the paint protection, and didn't find anything on here about it......

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This car is amazing. First of all the engine, I can't get over how quiet it is. It is like night and day compared to the 03 TL-S. It handles so much better too. It is much more enjoyable to drive. I don't care how common Carbon Gray is, it is gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it. It had only 3 miles odometer when I picked it up, good to know no one was abusing it! I will post up some more impressions when I get to drive it some more. It was definately worth the wait!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
ZBJZ15 said:
This car is amazing. First of all the engine, I can't get over how quiet it is. It is like night and day compared to the 03 TL-S. It handles so much better too. It is much more enjoyable to drive. I don't care how common Carbon Gray is, it is gorgeous. I can't stop staring at it. It had only 3 miles odometer when I picked it up, good to know no one was abusing it! I will post up some more impressions when I get to drive it some more. It was definately worth the wait!
First of all, congrats, at last!!!!
And it sounds like maybe you've even been able to forget about that WAIT!!

Your write-up is just about what I myself could have said -- almost spooky:

I also had an '03 TL-S.
I also got the Carbon Gray.
(And BTW I also spell it "gray" -- almost everybody else says "grey.")
I also had 3 miles on the new TSX (I think).
And I felt exactly the same about the TSX right off the bat, including about the comparison to the TL-S.

Off the subject, but can't resist -- about "gray" vs. "grey": I was going to do a long digression here about that, but I think I better make it a separate thread.
Because lots of people are going to be interested in ZBJ's car, but somehow I don't think they'll be very interested in spelling. :D

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Congrats on your purchase.

Take it easy during your break-in mileage and write a review (maybe post a picture or two) if and when you have the time.

Enjoy :mardi:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts