Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home as I turned into my apartment my 2004 6spd tsx just died, it has plenty of gas and lift all turn on but it won't start. I try to pop the clutch but to no avail. My brother works on cars said it may be the alternator. Before It died I did hear a light rattling vibration. I would appreciate all the help guys.
Thank You

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes the battery light and brake light did if I recall correctly.
I also tried to start it over again it wanted to start but now the lights turned off inside an then flickered light when the battery dies.

·
CERTIFIED JDM KING
2,207 Posts
try to jump the car then cut off the negative (1) if car stays on it isn't your alternator (2) if it dies immediately, alternator is bad..

·
四世
1,767 Posts
try to jump the car then cut off the negative (1) if car stays on it isn't your alternator (2) if it dies immediately, alternator is bad..
This...

I drive an '05 and I just had my alternator replaced. If you're around 100k miles, then should be about that time for you.

·
Registered
874 Posts
sounds like battery. ive had something like this happen to me just swapped a battery and bingo. that was just me though.

·
CERTIFIED JDM KING
2,207 Posts
check to see how much juice is left in your battery. Most of the time it is due to lack of juice, I had 3 cca left when I had mine replaced by warranty. keep us posted!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have roadside assistance come by today to jump start the car the guy told me the batt juice is low because I've tried to start it so many times but his guess was the alternator because my car died while I was driving, so headed to the dealer tomorrow see what happens thanks for everyone's help with luck it's just a bad battery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know of a good shop in Florida, I have to go to the dealer because Acura will only tow the car there, I'm hoping I don't get ripped off with the bill any idea anyone what's too much for a alternator and labor?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
*Update*
So dealer gave me some news today,First no oil in the car so there might be a leak,it may be the rings that need to be replaced or the engine block or worst a new engine. They filled the oil changed the spark plugs the car wants to start but won't, they said there may be a crack in the engine.
I'm praying that it's not a new engine, I haven't noticed any leaks of oil and the car has not overheated, I just don't know if the dealer is pulling one over on me? the dealer has a good rep for honesty they even got me a rental but any advice on anyone to save money especially if your down here in south florida let me know please, I just want to make sure I check the right things that are visible to my eye so I don't get ripped off please Thank you to all.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
No oil

No bueno

You didn't check this yourself ever? Seems like that's something you should have noticed if you check your oil once in a while.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts