Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your rear wheel's widest setup, with wheel's width, offset & diameter.

Please also post the tire width / ratio, & diameter as well.

Since our TSX is front wheel drive, our rear wheels don't need to steer. Therefore, I think we can go alot wider than we can think of.

so far, I think Marcus has the widest tire setup of 255/40 17, 9.0j, 48mm offset, 1 inch drop...etc

if anybody happen to have a wider setup, for example, a 265/35 18, 9.5j, please post your offset & drop

thankyou very much for sharing our rear wheel room for the widest setup

actually I did an advance search of keyword widest, under 1st gen wheels. one guy swap a 265/35 19s from 350z, and his trunk would hit the tire, however, he didn't post the offset

actually, how much room do we have for the rear wheel/ suspension area

quote from heeltoe:"TSX Notes: With moderate lowering less than 1.5" and uncorrected camber, no rubbing is experienced front or rear. that was with the HT-spec 255/40 17, 48mm offset

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
did anybody try rear with 245/35 18, 18 x 8.5 J, 48mm offset, how was it?

or, did anyone try rear with 255/35 18, 18 x 9.0J, 45mm offset, *did pushing the trunk down result tire hitting fender?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 17x9 +35 vsxx with a 255/40 it rubbed a bit since i corrected 1 degree of camber

nice picture, thks

if your wheel is now 17 x 9.0J, 45mm offset instead, would it rub at all?

my stupid question, would the tire's inner side hit the spring/shock component if you cornering at extremely high speed?

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
jtunedcl9

·
TSX fitment Guru
532 Posts
This lazy, 'plug-n-play' questioning and outlook on fitment is getting really annoying over here. All day there are threads asking for step-by-step instructions to get a TSX looking the way the OP wants. Do the research and suck it up people. If you see someone running an 18x9.5 +12 setup and you like it, buy the damn wheels and make it work! I didn't have someone telling me what to do or not to do to get my cars to the point they achieved. I decided what I wanted and made it happen. Be a damn enthusiast, not a wagon rider.

/rant

1 - 13 of 13 Posts