Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steps:

1) You buy one of these @/near invoice.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2003/hon...ml?tid=edmunds.n.mipmake.pricetable..1.Honda*

2) Add a quality header (need just one) and a decent "cat back" system. Torque, Power and FUEL ECONOMY all RISE.

(The car is already rated @ 26 city/34 highway, makes ~ 139 drive wheel HP BONE STOCK and is 183 pounds LIGHTER than the TSX 6 speed.)

3) Replace the OEM anti-roll bars with larger aftermarket ones; rear anti-roll bias should increase to counter the understeer dialed in with the factory parts.

4) Replace all 4 shocks with quality aftermarket units.

5) Replace the OEM 205/60-16 rubber with 225/55-16 "performance" tires. Buy steel wheels (from the TIRE RACK for ~ $40 per) and run the OEM rubber on those as the winter set-up.

6) Replace the speakers with quality aftermarket units (as a minimum) such as Infiniti Kappas.

RESULTS:

A car that is ESSENTIALLY as quick as the TSX, gets VASTLY better fuel mileage (on less expensive 87 octane), handles essentially as well and has a stereo that is "close enough" (or better with more mods), all for ~ $4,500 LESS.

:D

·
TSX of the Month Winner
94 Posts
I'd rather just buy the damn tsx. I like my warranty. :D I hate the way the accord looks (coupe-sedan).

How do you know the car will get better MPG's than the tsx? Oh, i've been getting 30-32 mpg's on my 6spd tsx (mixed city/highway..but mostly highway)

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ssmtsx said:
I'd rather just buy the damn tsx. I like my warranty. :D I hate the way the accord looks (coupe-sedan).

How do you know the car will get better MPG's than the tsx? Oh, i've been getting 30-32 mpg's on my 6spd tsx (mixed city/highway..but mostly highway)
The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) derives MPG figures.

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/

THEY know, per the advanced test loops they run. And while "actual mileage may vary" among ALL of the cars, the figures serve as an accurate means by which to COMPARE mileage figures:

TSX 6 speed: 21 city/29 highway on 91 octane

4 cylinder/5 speed Accord: 26 city/34 highway on 87 octane

V6 6 speed Accord: 20 city/30 highway on 87 octane

405 HP, 5.7 liter V8 Z06 Corvette: 19 city/28 highway on 91 octane

So the TSX 6 speed's mileage is MUCH closer to that of a 405 HP Z06 Corvette than it it to a the 4 cylinder Accord, despite the fact that the TSX and Accord share the same BASIC engine.

:eek:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I know it's hard for you to understand, but the TSX just looks better. Looks are important in purchasing a car, so you don't wake up looking at the same ugly car you bought 5 years ago and regret it everyday. This doesn't seem to be a concern of yours, for obvious reasons.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TeC said:
I know it's hard for you to understand, but the TSX just looks better. Looks are important in purchasing a car, so you don't wake up looking at the same ugly car you bought 5 years ago and regret it everyday. This doesn't seem to be a concern of yours, for obvious reasons.
The ~ $5K I'd save and invest would look EVEN BETTER ~ 5 years down the road, when it was worth ~ $9K. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yawn. :eek:

Different day, same old bullsh*t. Don't you ever shut up? Can the whole site just agree with this fool that the TSX is a underpowered, overpriced, fuel ineffecient Honda Accord. Maybe if we're lucky he'll go away and hassle the guys at ClubLexus who drive IS300s. God knows he doesn't add anything valuable to this site.

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
jwaters943 said:

Different day, same old bullsh*t. Don't you ever shut up? Can the whole site just agree with this fool that the TSX is a underpowered, overpriced, fuel ineffecient Honda Accord. Maybe if we're lucky he'll go away and pick on the guys at ClubLexus who drive IS300s.
The IS300 can't even TOUCH my 2 valve/cyl, pushrod V8 Z28 in terms of fuel economy, despite the fact that it makes ~ 130 LESS HP and costs ~ 40% more.:eek:

Aren't these 4 valve/DOHC/variable valve timing Japanese engines supposed to be "EFFICIENT?" :confused:

·
Banned
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jwaters943 said:

Different day, same old bullsh*t. Don't you ever shut up? Can the whole site just agree with this fool that the TSX is a underpowered, overpriced, fuel ineffecient Honda Accord. Maybe if we're lucky he'll go away and hassle the guys at ClubLexus who drive IS300s. God knows he doesn't add anything valuable to this site.
How's this for "value?":

The "360 watt" stereo in the TSX doesn't REALLY make 360 watts.:confused: :D

·
Axing The Trolls
32 Posts
harddrivin1le said:
The IS300 can't even TOUCH my 2 valve/cyl, pushrod V8 Z28 in terms of fuel economy, despite the fact that it makes ~ 130 LESS HP and costs ~ 40% more.:eek:

Aren't these 4 valve/DOHC/variable valve timing Japanese engines supposed to be "EFFICIENT?" :confused:

Yawn....

Will it ever ends...

is somebody moderating these boards ??

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well Michael Knights gone now, so no more of his B.S. Besides all the cars he has compared the TSX ( excluding the Accord), doesn't hold a candle to it, when looking at the Consumer Reports guide. All of them got had solid black dots for really important items like electrical and resale to name a few. To me that's more important than MGP and Power.

And looks are a HUGE thing when buying a car........the Old fool doesn't get it at all. Oh well.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts