Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like there's another solution coming very soon. I'm not sure if it will be compatible for our chassis's as the full info has not been released yet. Some early numbers have it about $200 below flashpro and about half of regular Kpro. Oh yea, its the same company that created Neptune.

Follow their facebook for updates.

K Tuner, anyone heard anything about this yet? - K20A.org .:. The K Series Source . Honda / Acura K20a k24a Engine Forum

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/KTuner...87553721350269

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
One can only hope...coming from American makes and models, what hondata charges and what you get is pretty crazy.

·
Registered
722 Posts
awesome!

just been reading all the comments on facebook, looks like its going to be a good piece of kit and with different options and different prices making it affordable for everyone :)

nice to see an alternative from hondata

·
Registered
710 Posts
I hope the Hondata monopol to end, though at one point Cobb tried something with Honda engines but not sure with what degree of success.

·
Registered
427 Posts
it all depends on the supportive software... hopefully it comes out soon... flashpro needing a 07ecu sucks... and i have to get my immobilizer... 450ecu+650=flashpro+50-60 dollars immobilizer = 1200 for flashpro woooooo that's a bit of a lot... and then you gotta pay like 300-400 dollars for a decent tune..... that's like 1500 bucks...

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
it all depends on the supportive software... hopefully it comes out soon... flashpro needing a 07ecu sucks... and i have to get my immobilizer... 450ecu+650=flashpro+50-60 dollars immobilizer = 1200 for flashpro woooooo that's a bit of a lot... and then you gotta pay like 300-400 dollars for a decent tune..... that's like 1500 bucks...
That's true that it's very expensive and annoying for 04-06 TSX's running FlashPro. But you have to understand that tuning an 04-06 ECU is EXCRUCIATING! It takes approximately 20-30 minutes for a calibration to go through on an 04-06 ECU whereas it takes 1-2 minutes on an 07-08 TSX ECU. Also, if there is a loss of power during a calibration upload on an 04-06 ECU, the ECU will brick. This is the reason why Hondata didn't want to release FlashPro for the 04-06 ECU because they were afraid of bricks.

The connection speed of the ECU is the major difference in the 07-08 ECU's.

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
That's true that it's very expensive and annoying for 04-06 TSX's running FlashPro. But you have to understand that tuning an 04-06 ECU is EXCRUCIATING! It takes approximately 20-30 minutes for a calibration to go through on an 04-06 ECU whereas it takes 1-2 minutes on an 07-08 TSX ECU. Also, if there is a loss of power during a calibration upload on an 04-06 ECU, the ECU will brick. This is the reason why Hondata didn't want to release FlashPro for the 04-06 ECU because they were afraid of bricks.

The connection speed of the ECU is the major difference in the 07-08 ECU's.
:tu: Gotta pay to play

·
Registered
427 Posts
yea i'm down to pay, just gotta save =( lol this was so expensive, i was planning to save like 4k so i could build my head and then get the tune.. lol...

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Finally!! Now hopefully they are successful. This will lead to Hondata having to lower their prices. I say this, but I already have a Flashpro lol. I'm such a sucker.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
722 Posts
yep i allready have flashpro too :squint:

i can see people completely stop buying hondata.

plus ktuners customer service seems hell of lot better than hondatas.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Does it list what options the tune has? or what it can modify? didnt see that on the site, but I'm excited - ive been holding out on paying for hondata - guess i will wait a little longer

·
Registered
65 Posts
Now that Hondata has reduced there price. buying the 08 ECU+Kpro is a bit more affordable. Im gonna stick with kpro. seems like theres just gonna be more support due to kpro being a weathered product and alot of community insight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.