Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a question to throw it out there, since Japan made a 2005 Honda Accord Euro Wagon with AWD, I was wondering if its possible to plug and play with the sedan version... not exacily sure how the wagon was designed but i imagine they run the same engine with CRV type of tranny? i tried searching but my vocabulary can only be as good as a 4th grader(sarcastic)

·
Registered
457 Posts
Perhaps look into the CL8s from certain island countries. They came with AWD and were sedans. I think they also came with a K20a, not sure about that for sure though.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
I wouldnt think that the frame on a sedan would match up to the wagon in order to fit the rear-end. Look into the post above.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sourcing one could prove to be difficult though as they were only available in certain island countries. I think Jamaica might have been one of the countries that got them. Don't quote me on that though. But that's the type of place you'll be looking at in order to find one.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,877 Posts
It could be possible since there was an AWD sedan available but getting parts would be hard and expensive most likely.

I definitely thought about it at one time and it would be sweet however it just doesn't seem worth it. Would be cool though to do AWD and a turbo and put out 400-500hp and beat an STI or EVO. It would be such a sleeper.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did a couple research the past few days, i cant even find any CL8 anywhere, not even dealers in japan has any maybe because its been washed up by the Tsunami.

Anyway, do you guys have any idea what kind of Drivetrain/tranny it uses? im thinking maybe its the same as the CRV but i cant type japanese so i am to the dead end of researching on this. im thinking about having the army ship me to Japan so I can live there for a couple of years and build on what i need, that would be a dream come true. :luvlove:

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
^no way those things had rear wipers? And it looks like they all have the base K20 engine except for the tourer which has the K24. Maybe an MT swap isn't out of the question since the CR-V has a K24, 5 speed manual, and AWD. Someone needs to look into this:king:

nice finds:thumbsup:

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Thats awesome but those CL8's look fat and heavy for some reason.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ they may look fat and heavy, but at least the rims are light as a feather. :laugh:

but seriously, they do have 6 speed MT for the CL8, i hear that they are rare since japan only made about 20% of them(Almost the same way as they made more auto TSX vs MT).

if you ever find a CL8 MT let me know, ill be the first one to buy it. and to my suprise, these CL8 are way cheaper than the TSX!!! shouldve gotten these instead, i personally dont think the Luxury = the extra $5,000

but is the only accord sold in america so i cant blame any of us for being stuck with sucky extra luxury weight....

·
-
1,603 Posts
How would the already underpowered 2.4L TSX perform with another 2-300 lbs of AWD hardware? Handling, cornering, braking, acceleration?

How do you think an AWD 2.0L automatic Euro-Accord performs? :laugh:

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
How would the already underpowered 2.4L TSX perform with another 2-300 lbs of AWD hardware? Handling, cornering, braking, acceleration?

Well if your gonna spend that much on an AWD conversion, might as well build the motor, turbo it, and pitch in for some bride seats.

·
Registered
457 Posts
if you ever find a CL8 MT let me know, ill be the first one to buy it. and to my suprise, these CL8 are way cheaper than the TSX!!! shouldve gotten these instead, i personally dont think the Luxury = the extra $5,000

but is the only accord sold in america so i cant blame any of us for being stuck with sucky extra luxury weight....
The reason for them costing a lot less is more so due to the fact that the Japanese put very little value on second hand items. Most of everything they own is bought new and in most cases, never kept for more than a few years. This is the reason why the automobile auctions in Japan are so huge and have such modern cars to be had for cheap.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

very easy, strip the entire interior, make it a track car, and turbo the 2.0 until it blows, then throw in an all motor K24 and blow it and buy another K24 and blow and blow and it goes on and on.... :)

speaking of the AWD 2.0 Euro Accord, how heavy is it????

1 - 20 of 29 Posts