Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its a blizzard out here so I cant test it yet, but my 08 has been losing some pounds lately. first time i noticed, she was down to 22, filled her back up to 32 and i believe that was 2 weeks ago. now shes down to 23. I cant figure out whats causing this type of a slow leak, but remembered the valve/soap test so i'll try that when its better outside. i'll check along the beads as well. also, i found no objects puncturing into the tire, but will do every check again once its better out.

question is.. do i need to replace the TPMS as well? or can i separate the valve stem, if it turns out to be the culprit?

things that might be good to know:
i barely drive her. maybe once or twice a week. its winter so i know she can lose some air, but its just that one tire that seems to trigger the indicator. when i inflated her, she held the pounds for days w no issue. now suddenly shes down to 23.

someone please help, i know the boards seem so dead nowadays, but i hope someone can shed some light here.

·
Registered
150 Posts
If you can't find a puncture, how old are your tires? I've had two sets of Bridgestone tires, and both developed tiny leaks in the tires. The first set were the original tires on the Tacoma, and one tire developed a tiny leak that the local tire shops couldn't find. The second set were the Bridgestone tires on my (used) TSX when I bought it. Two of the four tires developed tiny leaks that my local tire shops couldn't find. I had the valve stems replaced, but that didn't help. The problem was solved in both cases by a new set of tires. The only common thread was the manufacturer, Bridgestone. I've never had this with any other brand of tire. (Currently have Michelins on my Tacoma and BFGs on my TSX.)

In Bridgestone's defense, the second set of Bridgestone tires I put on the Tacoma didn't have that problem, but those tires eventually developed sidewall cracks in the rubber as they got old, so I replaced them. Those were probably 7+ years old, and it was time. But they never developed those tiny leaks I had in my other two recent sets of Bridgestones...

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts