Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. i have found three deals in nor cal for 2012 tsx's with tech package for 28k. all three are listed as "dealer or fleet cars" on their carfax. not to sound stupid, but does that mean they were rentals or that the dealer drove them around with their dealer plates for a bit? blue one has 8k on the clock, burgundy one has 6k, and black one has 4k.

if these are stinky deals - which i fear they are - then i will have to get the base model, which still has pretty good perks (coming from a 2008 accord sedan ex-l v6).

So... my Questions:
a) those that got the Base - buyers remorse and you should have gotten the tech? if yes, what have you done, if anything, to upgrade your base to satisfy this remorse?
b) those with the tech package, buyers remorse and it wasn't really all that? the base would have been sufficient, considering you can always upgrade to something aftermarket?

talk to me folks! I installed the farenheit f-81 system in to my accord and now i am used to ipod integration, bluetooth, backup camera, navigation, dvd player etc AND it looks stock. I have a question in to their tech support to see if i can get it to fit the base, since the lcd is the same in both the acura and the accord.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I bought a TSX with Tech a week ago. Still not sure if it's worthwhile the premium. The GPS on my phone is better than the one in TSX that looks a little bit outdated. The stereo with 10 speakers has a nice sound though. Backup camera is nice to have too. I don't think that I will ever use the hard drive that comes with the stereo. Overall I could have gone with the Base model in retrospective and be happy with the Base. Tech is OK, but really not that groundbreaking.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would have bought the Spec Edition, but the stereo's black and white screen is what turned me off. If only the screen had more colors and looked a little bit more advanced I would have gone with the Spec Edition.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmm. I like the special edition because I can get a manual transmission... other than that, I don't like the seats. I wish you could get straight leather. it is easier to switch out the seats then it is to switch the transmission though, not to mention cheaper.

the radio in the base is a step up in power from my accord, but I totally dig the versatility in the tech. I can't find any aftermarket systems that look stock enough...

thank you for your posts!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know what you mean about the seats in Spec Edition, I kind of liked them at first, but later decided that I prefer straight black leather. Sounds like you are the Special Edition person since you like a manual transmission better, and IMHO the Tech Package isn't that important to have.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally don't think the tech package is worth the extra 3k. Glad I have it? Hells yeah. But only because I got a great deal on a brand new '11 tech. If it was a '12 I would have opted for the SE. Never plan on using the hard drive because you can't copy from a usb (audio cd only), navigation is ok but has some annoyances. backup camera is great to have and the sound system is amazing. plus a tech package will add value later on when you try to trade/sale. If there was an option for an aftermarket install, no question I'd go without tech package and get an SE. It's all going to come down to what your needs/wants are.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i would definitely buy an se manual with tech. no question. at this point, i think i am settled on the se, if i can find a manual around here. the technology package, while it sounds awesome, i can always add later if i want. it wouldn't be that easy or inexpensive to change the transmission.

if i can't find a manual, i might still get an se just for the subtle appearance differences... but i think i would be just fine with a base. these are gorgeous cars!

thnx guys!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well, i finally decided on getting an SE in Silver Moon with the Manual Transmission... which apparently does not exist in California - in the whole state. There are two whites, one red, and like 5 blacks... so i keep trying to talk myself into one of these other colors - or in to the automatic... Or used...

*sigh* choices, choices.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Firebrand, what made you decide that you rather have th SE than the tech package? What were your determining factors?

Personally, I did want the tech package. But, I just couldnt bring myself to want to pay the extra cash for it. Yes, I think the interior looks a lot nicer with the screen, etc. However, I wasn't impressed with navi and I didn't really care about hdd all that much. Plus, I like music, but I'm not exactly an audiophile. I mean, I had a civic and never once thought I needed better speakers. I do like the verbal commands, the song by voice and the speakers, but is that worth 3k? I wasn't sure so I passed. In a way I regret it, but I'm all about value and I didn't think Id be getting it.

well, i finally decided on getting an SE in Silver Moon with the Manual Transmission... which apparently does not exist in California - in the whole state. There are two whites, one red, and like 5 blacks... so i keep trying to talk myself into one of these other colors - or in to the automatic... Or used...

*sigh* choices, choices.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to best honest, if the tech had a manual option, I would have looked harder at getting a tech. but I want back in a manual and my only option for that with this car is an se. I figure it is easier to add some stock looking aftermarket options if I so choose as opposed to changing the transmission. I am not a big fan of the seats in the se, but if I really hate them they can be changed too. I need to find a manual near enough to me that I can test drive to make sure I like the way they feel. if I don't, it will be a base silver moon for me (or maybe still an se but AT instead).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.