Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals,

Im just wondering if any of you would be interested in a group buy for a full coilover set up, the hubby picked up a set for our GDB and it's an amazing kit, and personally love the ride quality of it. He's working on setting up a group buy for TSX people with the company. Right now he's working on pricing shipped for us. So anyone is more than welcome to jump on the bandwagon, he is exploring all avenues to get us the best pricing he can get. He said he will get all tech specs for them too like the shock dyno results for our cars, because before purchasing them he asked for them, and the company is legit. So let me know if you would be down for this. or you can aim him directly autogeijutsu is his s/n since he's at work.

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Need some cold hard digital facts in your post. We get scammers all the time and this just seems sketchy. No offense. You also have a few "grammatical" errors that make it seem fake.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Need some cold hard digital facts in your post. We get scammers all the time and this just seems sketchy. No offense. You also have a few "grammatical" errors that make it seem fake.
Well, I can totally understand that. If proper grammar is required I'd be more than happy to conform.

He was working on the facts. But here is what he has gathered.

1. The company is DGR, they are based in Maryland. He has been in contact with them for his suspension.

2. The materials used for construction are from Japan and Italy.

3. They are fully threaded body.

4. They are 30 way dampening adjustable.

5. They will have front camber/caster plates.

6. The spring rates are 13k front, 6k rears.

7. They will have a lifetime warranty.

8. You can either opt for the street/sport kit or the more aggressive track kit, or if you really want the circuit kit which will have the external reservoir.

9. The pricing for the kits are TBD.

So there you have it. If you want the shock dyno data he can provide that to you, all he has to do is email a request. Hopefully this has shed some light and appeased the possible grammar Nazis out there:eek:hsnap:

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
Although interesting, I would think that a supporting vendor and EXTREMELY valuable resource on this forum and in the TSX community in general, would have something to say about an attempted group-buy from somewhere other than his company.

Marcus and the team at Heeltoe Auto work long and hard with many companies to provide us with custom, highly-detailed specs for parts (particularly suspensions), so frankly I'd suggest every member of TSXclub.com gives them a fair shake and really weighs the options before going in on a group buy from someone who has no reputation in the immediate community, and someone who for all we know might not even know the rough specs for a TSX suspension.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although interesting, I would think that a supporting vendor and EXTREMELY valuable resource on this forum and in the TSX community in general, would have something to say about an attempted group-buy from somewhere other than his company.

Marcus and the team at Heeltoe Auto work long and hard with many companies to provide us with custom, highly-detailed specs for parts (particularly suspensions), so frankly I'd suggest every member of TSXclub.com gives them a fair shake and really weighs the options before going in on a group buy from someone who has no reputation in the immediate community, and someone who for all we know might not even know the rough specs for a TSX suspension.
Fair shakes in mind, all companies start out with "no reputation". Reputation is built/gained along the way, for a company that is starting out having no reputation is a downer; on the same note people who are quick to point out the fact that a company has "no reputation" are also the same people who are "fan boys" of another company (not directing this at you,it is a generalization). Stance for example, had no reputation when they started out in late 2003, early 2004; now they are a household name. I am in no way defending DGR nor dismissing HeelToe; but a break from the "ordinary" and "mundane" brands are a relief. Plus it is helping a company get a foot through the door in the already competitive market, which in turn provides these to those who are interested: 1. A quality product, backed by a good warranty, and 2. good pricing.

I started this thread to extend a product I had learned about to other TSX owners who would be interested and can benefit from it. Not to start a flame war. But to just to stress my point, if I were to say that I will be using K-break for my aero, would you point out the fact that K-break has no reputation and perhaps I should just go with Extreme Dimensions since they have a "rep" instead?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are referring to me, personally as having no reputation then so be it. I had joined this forum to research about this platform vehicle. It is not my intention to come off as a "B". Just because you have more post counts than I do, does not mean you're superior to me. I can see from the list of modifications on your signature that you have been well on your way with building your car. I commend you on your accomplishments thus far.

I am no stranger to cars, quite frankly there are many ways to view the you posted and what your intent is. I don't quite know whether to interpret as you're "flaming" me because of the low post count or if you are trying to discredit because I am a member of the opposite sex?

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
If you are referring to me, personally as having no reputation then so be it. I had joined this forum to research about this platform vehicle. It is not my intention to come off as a "B". Just because you have more post counts than I do, does not mean you're superior to me. I can see from the list of modifications on your signature that you have been well on your way with building your car. I commend you on your accomplishments thus far.

I am no stranger to cars, quite frankly there are many ways to view the you posted and what your intent is. I don't quite know whether to interpret as you're "flaming" me because of the low post count or if you are trying to discredit because I am a member of the opposite sex?
Unfortunately Rep usually does in some cases represent credibility. We trust HeelToe, they have put ALOT of effort into pleasing our community. Understand that the opinions expressed are justified. If you are no stranger to cars, then you must understand that we want facts, pictures, test results, etc. If you would like to market your product, maybe offer to allow a few select (or local) members to test your product, for a reduced fee or free.
So far, while its appreciated, all you've given us is a few specs with no proof of existence (ie: links, pictures, test results).

Also, not a single member here cares if you are a woman. We openly welcome everyone here, as long as they follow the rules and contribute positively to the community. We have had several very awesome women on the sight.

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
6k rear is wayyy to soft.
front and rear would both have to be more than 12k+ for me to be in, but even then... there's a bunch of companies that already make coilovers for the tsx.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
My post was in no way berating you for being a woman, or for being new to the site. It was meant to show that DGR has no immediate 'rep' in building suspensions for the TSX, but Heeltoe does (after much trial and error, he developed numerous options at very good pricepoints for most tastes in the TSX-drivers group).

Don't take anything I say as a personal attack - it's not. I'm just saying that a supporting vendor (who pays $$ to advertise, get good clientele, and have a say on these kinds of things) would take priority by me, and likely MANY others on this site (and others), over a relatively new company to the TSX marketplace.

Sure, everyone's gotta get their start somewhere, but a group-buy on a mystery product probably isn't the easiest thing to accomplish in a close-knit group like we have here, with a fantastic vendor already serving 99% of our needs for this particular car.

Cheers,
Eric

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
forget the vendor status for a second... +1^ for wreak.

That is some hardcore R&D from HT and FF... not just statement of what may or may not be facts ... and that's what counts, especially if the "rep" is lacking.

That R&D thread is the reason i went with F2's for my car.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Front camber plates also won't do a thing for our suspension geometry. Perhaps learn a bit more about the car before you try to sell this?

·
*Metalhead*
2,657 Posts
Many people on S2Ki.com have bought these and they had a similar group buy. Everybody seems to like them so far and no complaints. I ended up putting B.C. N+ on my S because I liked them on my TSX. They are both around the same price if bought in a group buy otherwise the DGR's are pricey.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
cant jusify paying $1200 on a set of coilovers that have no digital fact.... i payed $690 for my tein basics and 3 years later they are great....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts