Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am purchasing Tein S.Tech springs within the next few weeks for my 06 TSX (while keeping my stock shocks for at least another yr+) and I am wondering how bad the stiffness or bouncing may get. I plan on getting my car aligned if needed but I have no future plans of getting a camber kit. [Sorry if this has been asked before].

Thanks.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
the stiffness or bouncing shouldn't be that bad. I have no first hand experience so hopefully someone who does chimes in, but if its just s.techs on stock shocks, then i'm 90% sure you have no need to worry.

definately get an alignment everytime you mess the springs, ride height, etc.

From my experiences, lower it to about a 1 finger gap will give you 3.5-4 degrees of negative camber in the rear and about -1.2ish (don't remember exactly) in the front. IMO thats a little much in the rear, so thats why i got a camber kit. camber increases wear on your tires, but toe is what you need to be more worried about. toe can be fixed via an alignment.

only real reason i got a camber kit in the back is because i didn't like the cambered look since my wheel specs are pretty conservative. hope that helps.

·
DOMOKUN
215 Posts
it depends on how many miles you have on your current shocks.. im riding on stock shock right now and it is a bit bouncy, but it isnt too bad.. but i plan to get koni yellow to match them up nicely soon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm about to have 23K miles on my car and I've had it for 3 yrs last November. I'll definitely get an alignment then, I'm just hoping my camber isn't too bad to the point where my tires are getting worn too much.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
when you get an alignment, ask for a print out of the specs. I'd say if the rear negative camber is between -1 degree and -2 degrees, you have nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
you will need to get your car aligned, but camber... well that's up to you, I would say go ahead and get a kit, but if you want to be a penny pincher in the short run then you might be able to get away without it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
im looking at getting tien s tech or eibach pro kit. I'm going to be on stock for awhile until i save up for some konis just trying to figure out the same thing.how bad will the ride be till I get them. xxkevo are you running eibach or tien??

·
Registered
655 Posts
I had Tein S Tech on my car with the stock shock then switch to koni yellow shock and then switch to H&R race springs with the koni. I thought that the tein springs where a little to soft with the stock shocks so i replace it with koni yellow. Even at the stiffest setting on the koni i thought that the springs were too soft during hard cornering. But it is a good daily driving springs. So i then change the springs to the H&R race springs and I am satisfy with it now. I forgot to say that i have a progress rear sway bar and a cusco front strut bar.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
I was using stock shocks w/ the H.Tech's for a while, and the ride got bouncy pretty quickly. Was OK for the first month, but beyond that, it was getting worse and worse. I had a chance to upgrade to Tokico HP's (blues) and the difference was awesome -- no more bounciness, a very controlled ride, and for daily driving it was great (with about 1" lower for looks and slightly stiffer for the long sweepers and even tighter cornering).

With S.Tech's and stock shocks, I guarantee you'll be looking to get new shocks in a hurry. So, it's up to you if you want to pay to have the job done once (get springs and shocks), or twice (first springs, then shocks). If you are doing the work yourself, its not a money issue but a time issue. If you're paying a shop to install them, SAVE YOUR MONEY and DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
how much of an improvement were the s techs over stock using factory shocks? I'm looking for a decent look but i dont want to loose cornering perfomance like i said im going to get some koni's later.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
how much of an improvement were the s techs over stock using factory shocks? I'm looking for a decent look but i dont want to loose cornering perfomance like i said im going to get some koni's later.
I'm not sure if this was directed at me, but I went with the more conservative H-tech's. 1.1" F, 0.75" rear. To me, that is the perfect amout of lowering for this car, for me especially considering I need to daily drive it all year round including through fairly deep snow, etc. Any lower and I'd have to be buying new front lips or bumpers after scraping the entrance to my driveway, too... LOL!

Improvement in the handling department with the H-tech's was noticeable on stock shocks (for the first month), but the new shocks made it better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at the spec sheets for drop inches of aftermarket springs. if Tein H-tech have such a little drop, does it really need a rear camber kit?

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
the general consensus is that any drop lower than about an inch doesn't need a camber kit

1 - 13 of 13 Posts