Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am bored, so post up your best gas mileage, has to be over 10 miles... i can get 99.99 gas mileage if i go on a highway and put it on neutral and let it cruise.. lol

ALSO! This will teach some of us how to drive and get the best gas mileage out of our cars, like i said, its possible to get over 40 mpg, you just got to drive it like i do. :)

Anyway, lets see who can beat my record so far.. 12.3 Miles @ 45.4 MPG

dbl-htch: 11.6 @ 45.6 MPG
muduck: 15.9 @ 37.4 MPG

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
lol what do you mean? did u trade your 06 in for an 04 or something? do u get less mpg for an 04?
I believe he's referring to the dash display. Us '04ers do not have the fancy MPG calculator or anything fancy in between the tach and speedo. All we get are the miles, 2 tripometers, and the outside temp.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe he's referring to the dash display. Us '04ers do not have the fancy MPG calculator or anything fancy in between the tach and speedo. All we get are the miles, 2 tripometers, and the outside temp.
oh yeah, my mistake, i thought he said he cannot get good mileage from his 04 lol! its all good. so i guess you guys cannot enter this contest then....... :(

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
wow thats really good. Im stuck at 25.5 :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
One time I got in just a hair below 40 (39+) for almost 100 miles. Granted it was also highway at about 55 with the windows up and AC off. It sucked for me, but was cool to demonstrate it. Once I got on the interstate, it went back to 33 or so. It was in central GA and I'm pretty sure I was going very slightly downhill most of the way (lost about 500' over 100 miles).

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^ believe it or not, I got 38 MPG average doing a 6 hour drive and had 43 MPG the first hour, i had a total of 520 miles and stopped at the nearest gas station because i didnt wanna risk not meeting a gas station 100 miles later. the low fuel wasnt even on at the time but it was close to it.

I hate winter! i get crappy gas mileage averaging around 24 MPG doing the same distance and same driving style as always. cant wait until summer

·
Registered
62 Posts
^ believe it or not, I got 38 MPG average doing a 6 hour drive and had 43 MPG the first hour, i had a total of 520 miles and stopped at the nearest gas station because i didnt wanna risk not meeting a gas station 100 miles later. the low fuel wasnt even on at the time but it was close to it.

I hate winter! i get crappy gas mileage averaging around 24 MPG doing the same distance and same driving style as always. cant wait until summer
38 mpg is pretty darn good for a 520 mile trip... and yeah, I feel your pain about winter mileage, best I could manage over the winter months was *only* around 32.5, I would say around 75% highway. Saw it jump back up a few weeks ago to a bit over 36mpg when it warmed up and I took a little trip, then it turned cold again and sure enough now it's falling again... little by little, but falling nonetheless.

Anyway, here's my best from a road trip I took (early)last fall, I think I made it to around 540 miles or so on the 1st tank: :) (Probably about 90% highway on that trip btw)

(Oh, and thanks for making this thread, been waiting for the right occasion to show off that pic! lol) :festive:

·
Registered
62 Posts
ps
i see youre not wearing a seatblet, click it or ticket. lol jk
LOL... I think I took that when I got home, iirc I had actually turned the car off already and was ready to get out when I was like "...crap! I should take a pic of the trip odometer!" :D

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Definitely jealous of you guys with MPG calculator. I have to reset my trip after every fill up and check the gallons used with the miles traveled.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I drove from san diego to san jose yesterday in my 04 AT and my goal was to get back on one tank of gas (460 miles).

I averaged about 70-75mph and I calculated that I got about 36.4mpg, while the temperature for most of the drive was about 100F (would've been better if i didn't hit traffic getting out of SD and in LA).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Updated in case anyone searches and finds this thread (figured this thread is too old to bump)...

Finally got over that "hump": (the big 5-0) :)

And also finally for the 15-mile interval:

Summer temps certainly help!
Anybody still playing this game..?!? (besides me lol) :sadwavey:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts