Acura TSX Forum banner

281 - 300 of 349 Posts

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
not really insane but it is pretty awesome. I knew it was only a matter of time before someone would do that swap. I'm still not sure if I would rather just have the k in it instead of the J.

·
J-Spec
313 Posts
Haha! Thanks Mayuga. :tu:

Insane, yes. And this just proves that I have lost my mind. :D
If I knew how much time and money were required before hand, I would have never started the project.

Too late to turn back now, however I don't seem to have much time to work on it. Should be done in a few months. For all those curious, it's a J35A8 from an RL and 6-Speed from a TL-S.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Haha! Thanks Mayuga. I wasn't aware (until now) that I was being talked about.

Insane, yes. And this just proves that I have lost my mind. :D
If I knew how much time and money were required before hand, I would have never started the project.

Too late to turn back now, however I don't seem to have much time to work on it. Should be done in a few months. All the hard stuff is done... like modifying the TL subframe and rebuilding the trans. :tu:

For all those curious, it's a J35A8 from an RL, but it's the same engine as what's in the TL-S.
What do you still have left to do?

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Just finished up my new setup. RRC/J35/50*VTC/CT-E and blah blah blah. needs to be cleaned (and maybe something with the valve cover), but heres a rough iphone pic. haha

·
After 5-10 Guinness
592 Posts
Engine Bay:

Engine Block:

Engine before Transplantation:

Engine Bay (almost as-is now):

Uncle Bens Brake Reservoir Cover:

Heel-toe Sock on Servo Reservoir:

Net Stocking & Garter Belt on Air Filter (to keep 'larger' chunks (VW/BMW/AUDI) from being sucked in..)

Acc-Man

281 - 300 of 349 Posts