Acura TSX Forum banner

321 - 340 of 349 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
^ But the piece under the bracket doesn't look familiar to me.

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
What the heck is that near the passenger motor mount?
It's a bracket for a custom engine torque damper. If you know JTso, it's his old setup. I don't have the damper on though because I find the vibrations at idle, and especially reverse, too much for daily driving. I'll probably only use it if I track the car. Do you still have your ETD on? Did you have any vibration issues?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
daviddoroshenko - Nice bay! I wish mine was as clean as yours. The hood dampers look great too. I see you've got the Ingalls ETD. Do you notice any vibration in the cabin at idle and especially in reverse? If so, is the vibration bearable? Also, for the chassis mounting bracket, did you just put it under your strut bar bracket?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I added a little piece this week to help the charger breathe a little better. Thanks to Troy at IMT. The quality is great. I wish the whole blower was in the same milled finish. Please excuse my dirty bay.

Will's lying, he must've dirtied up the bay before taking a pic. Met up with him last week, such a beautiful setup / ride!

·
5,036 Posts
It's a bracket for a custom engine torque damper. If you know JTso, it's his old setup. I don't have the damper on though because I find the vibrations at idle, and especially reverse, too much for daily driving. I'll probably only use it if I track the car. Do you still have your ETD on? Did you have any vibration issues?
Ahh damn sorry for never replying.

For some odd reason I don't receive heavy vibrations even at 11mm (max is 10mm) setting.

There are times when I'm idling, I don't feel much of the engine. It's only noticeable when the AC is on but that's a given.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
daviddoroshenko - Nice bay! I wish mine was as clean as yours. The hood dampers look great too. I see you've got the Ingalls ETD. Do you notice any vibration in the cabin at idle and especially in reverse? If so, is the vibration bearable? Also, for the chassis mounting bracket, did you just put it under your strut bar bracket?
Thanks! I really like the dampers. To be honest, the ETD chatters quite a bit, almost to the point i want to take it off. Its really embarrassing when i take off with people around and they all ask whats wrong with my car LOL. "Because racecar!" But it definatly helps with the stability, so its worth it. Yeah the bracket is under the strut bar.

Oh and thanks to cYn for the Comptech oil cap and battery tie down, defiantly sets the bay off well with the other pieces!

·
5,036 Posts
^ I think you're getting the chattering from the rubber O-Ring not sitting right, as seen from your pictures. I had the same chattering problem until I set the O-Ring evenly and never got any chattering.

Dude I love your CT theme :thumbsup:

I'm so freaking jearlous of your CT strut bar! I've been yearning for that piece for the longest time.

·
Premium Member
737 Posts
^ I think you're getting the chattering from the rubber O-Ring not sitting right, as seen from your pictures. I had the same chattering problem until I set the O-Ring evenly and never got any chattering.

Dude I love your CT theme :thumbsup:

I'm so freaking jearlous of your CT strut bar! I've been yearning for that piece for the longest time.
Snap! Ill fix that! I hope that's the problem, Thanks!
haha thanks, theres still more things to go in though, just a matter of time. Lets see your bay :) its gotta be sweet!

Willy, that IMT piece is soooo sweet! Did you feel more power with it? What TB are you running?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
Thanks! I really like the dampers. To be honest, the ETD chatters quite a bit, almost to the point i want to take it off. Its really embarrassing when i take off with people around and they all ask whats wrong with my car LOL. "Because racecar!" But it definatly helps with the stability, so its worth it. Yeah the bracket is under the strut bar.
Yeah, that's how mine was too. That's why I took it off. It does work well when I'm driving but it's just not bearable for me at idle and in reverse.

Willy, that IMT piece is soooo sweet! Did you feel more power with it? What TB are you running?
I felt it a little bit but I'm still using my crappy 04/05 60mm throttle body. The Civic guys have gotten as much as 25 whp when they paired it with a ZDX 80mm throttle body though.

Nice bays guys! Also nice to see you got the ETD on Willy! I'm happy it went to an owner who actually drives their car! :thumbsup:
Thanks for passing it along. I just wish it wasn't so harsh.

·
5,036 Posts
Oh such a tease! Stop showing the side boob and give us the full frontal!

·
Aussie Aussie Aussie
455 Posts

·
WAT DO?
716 Posts
Never posted a picture of my bay here, so here we go.

321 - 340 of 349 Posts