Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
-
1,750 Posts
Winter tire/wheel specs in my signature.

The narrower the winter tire the better.
The 4x4 SUV's or performance sedans with wide winter tires are always the one in the ditch on their roof!

We actually put more miles on our TSX in the winter driving around B.C. skiing than we do in the summer!

·
My car whines
637 Posts
crappy steelies with p205/60r16 hankook i-Pike tires. cheap and does the job. also kinda like the rugged look the black steelies give :laugh:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm running some OEM accord steelies with Hankook snows size 205/60/16. Worked rather well last season.
Awesome, thanks for the info! So from what I've collected, any accord, TL, or RL wheels will work? I'm a wheel noob :confused:

Stock oem wheels with Blizzak WS-60s, My lowered car pulls through stuff that 4x4s get stuck in. Best tires on the market IMO. <theres also many tests and reviews to back that up ;)
I rolled on blizzaks with my previous car (1998 Civic hatch), and I totally agree with you; they were rubber miracles! There was a time where I chugged on through a strip of road where a Jeep got stuck lol

Winter tire/wheel specs in my signature.

The narrower the winter tire the better.
The 4x4 SUV's or performance sedans with wide winter tires are always the one in the ditch on their roof!

We actually put more miles on our TSX in the winter driving around B.C. skiing than we do in the summer!
Are you running the 1st gen or 2nd gen RSX wheels? Just curious, because somebody told me the 1st gen doesn't fit? I haven't had time to research that quite yet..

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Florida
2,725 Posts

·
-
1,750 Posts

Are you running the 1st gen or 2nd gen RSX wheels? Just curious, because somebody told me the 1st gen doesn't fit? I haven't had time to research that quite yet..

I think they are 1st gen RSX wheels. I have run black steel wheels on previous vehicles, but on the last few I have been buying used OEM aluminum wheels in the narrowest & most offset I can find.
The used RSX wheels were super cheap. The unique size Nokian tires were not cheap.

The 195/65R16 Nokian's are tall, narrow, look ugly but perfect for winter driving where looks are secondary.
The narrow tires & wheels are tucked under nicely keeping the slush, snow & crap under the car.

Here's a pic:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Accord 16" black steelies with TPMS, wrapped in General Altimax Arctics. Steelies were from a Honda dealer, TPMS sensors from ebay, and tires from tirerack.com. Happy with them, despite having less than 5 days of snow last year. :squint:

·
Registered
498 Posts
^^
I don't have the TPMS on mine so keep that in mind also unless you don't mind looking at the error message indicator on the dash. The steelies are a decent price at the dealer, think I got mine for $47 each. Part# is 42700-SDB-A91.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think they are 1st gen RSX wheels. I have run black steel wheels on previous vehicles, but on the last few I have been buying used OEM aluminum wheels in the narrowest & most offset I can find.
The used RSX wheels were super cheap. The unique size Nokian tires were not cheap.

The 195/65R16 Nokian's are tall, narrow, look ugly but perfect for winter driving where looks are secondary.
The narrow tires & wheels are tucked under nicely keeping the slush, snow & crap under the car.
Yep, those are 1st gens. Well now I know they work! Thanks man!

^^
I don't have the TPMS on mine so keep that in mind also unless you don't mind looking at the error message indicator on the dash. The steelies are a decent price at the dealer, think I got mine for $47 each. Part# is 42700-SDB-A91.
I don't think the 2006 tsx's have TPMS..correct me if I'm wrong lol. And $47 per steelie at the dealership?? That's actually not that bad for a brand new wheel! But on the other hand, you could probably find a used set of rsx or accord wheels for that price. I'll definitely keep that in mind though, thanks!

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
You're lookin at it. Which is why I bought the tires I did. See sig for more details.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.