Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Keeping it Clean
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys for those of us that tracks their tsx i just wanted to know what are you guys running base on rake? I know that mikespec made a good tread on track set up spec, but not on rake

so what are you guys running

positive?

negative?

or neutral?

what are your guys preference?

and what is the best rake position for the tsx?

i know it is all base on each drivers preference/style, but i just want to see how many people run positive or negative or neutral?

as for me i run a slight positive rake, with about a .5 difference from front to rear

·
Registered
95 Posts
and what is the best rake position for the tsx?

i know it is all base on each drivers preference/style, but i just want to see how many people run positive or negative or neutral?

as for me i run a slight positive rake, with about a .5 difference from front to rear
I just let it all hang out. It's possible that if i do time trials with the car come spring time i just may throw the car on scales and get a more aggressive alignment. But until then, i just eyeball it and the front is about .2-.5 inches lower than the rear. I've never bothered to make height adjustments on the track either.....

·
Turd Ferguson
164 Posts
If you're super serious and not team lazy like myself...

- height should be based on corner weight (use scales and reputable shop usually)
- camber should be based on tire wear

Just like the triangle wear indicators are good tools to use for setting tire pressures, once that is optimal, you can look at the tire wear/temp to find the best camber to maximize tire contact.

What's the best setting for a TSX? I don't know, ha. Too many variables, including suspension, tires, wheel width, etc.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I know you asked for track rake setup but to go with cheeze's statement on camber and tire pressures, a little trick tip you can use is get a piece of chalk and draw a line from the middle of the sidewall up the outer top edge of the tread to see how much tire rolling you are getting. This can help determine if you need to dial more camber in or increase tire pressure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts