Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if anyone else has this problem too. I noticed that none of my power outlets work. I never even used them before, but I got a cell phone car charger, and it didn't work in the car. I plugged it in my gf car and it worked fine. It's just a general nokia car charger, nothing special...I'll have to take the car in now.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
YES
Had the same problem - First time plug in only to discover none of them worked.
Bet your fuses are bad as mine were.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
robert_tsxgeek said:
YES
Had the same problem - First time plug in only to discover none of them worked.
Bet your fuses are bad as mine were.
That is so lame! Were there any other jacked fuses in your car?

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
no just those 2 (or 1) don't remember

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yes, I had the problem a while back -- it developed after (or while) I had work done for the blown display lights on the center stack.
(That fix involved replacing the radio/CD unit.)

Don't remember what was involved in making the power outlets work again, except that it was apparently easy.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't as simple as a fuse, though.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
larchmont said:
Yes, I had the problem a while back -- it developed after (or while) I had work done for the blown display lights on the center stack.
(That fix involved replacing the radio/CD unit.)

Don't remember what was involved in making the power outlets work again, except that it was apparently easy.
I'm pretty sure it wasn't as simple as a fuse, though.
This is really pissing me off. I hope they don't have to replace anything like the center stack. The car runs and drives great, but its just problem after problem for me. Although the problems are pretty minor, and don't affect driving...it's just very annoying. I'm considering moving to Lexus....new IS300 was displayed at Geneva this week.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
I didn't mean that they had to replace the center stack for this. In fact, they didn't have to replace the center stack for anything.

Here's the sequence:

(1) The lights on the buttons of the controls on the center stack went out. (Common problem with TSX.)
(2) To fix that, they had to replace the RADIO/CD UNIT.
(3) After that was done, I noticed that the power outlets weren't working.
(4) Fixing that was simple, although I don't remember what they told me they had to do, except I'm pretty sure it was more than something like a fuse.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts