Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Im changin my power steering fluid for the first time. Is the canadian tire OEM ps fluid the correct one. I attached a picture.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Beg to differ on that power steering fluid. For these cars its best to use genuine honda power steering fluid. Tsx’s already have power steering issues as is. The real stuff at the dealer is only a few cents more so it is worth it to make the trip in order to preserve the seals and wear items in these aging cars. All the fluids for these cars are reasonably priced at the honda dealers.

·
Banned
5 Posts
$26.99 seems really expensive. I think it roughly costs about $20 for 3 bottles of Honda PS fluid shipped to your house if you search eBay.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The older I get the more I avoid going cheap on fluids. My TSX and my daughter’s CRV I use Honda OEM fluids. I flush the rack every two years, and then the manual transmission fluid is Honda as well. I found a few Honda dealers on EBay that have good deals on fluids.

·
Registered
314 Posts
if you buy from amazon it comes to about $40 shipped for 3 quarts, enough to flush the system. don't cheap out on fluids. I would flush a quart of generic PS fluid after you drain it just to push out and remaining contaminants in the lines after the drain, then go ahead and refill with OEM honda PS fluid. i do this with oil changes. drain, then push a quart of cheap amazon 5W-30 through, then close it up and fill with Pennzoil platinum plus. low/poor quality fluids are the only way you can reliably kill a Honda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts