Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along with myself, I know a few TSX owners with leaking power steering hose. I got the replacement hose from Nappa for 140 bucks the dealership wanted to charge me over 200 bucks for OEM screw that! Anyways it took me about 2 hours to replace the hose and I found it VERY simple, 2/5 on difficulty.

Tools
10mm socket
12mm socket
19mm open end wrench

By jesserakkar at 2012-07-19
First step it to loosen the 2 10mm bolts for the hose on the power steering pump, then unbolt the bracket near the valve cover (10mm).

the strut bar needs to come off for more room to work, so go ahead and unbolt the two 12 mm nuts on the strut tower and pull the cowl vent cover off (two tabs) and unbolt the two 12mm nuts under the cover and unbolt the fuse box and fog light relay off of the strut bar. Repeat the same for the other side.

As you can see the severe leak I had. Unbolt the two mounts with a 10mm socket use a long extension with the ratchet. The 19mm sensor could be wrenched off before the mounts but I took it off after I got the hose out handle the sensor with CARE.

This end of the line goes in to the steering rack, use an open end 19mm wrench or adjustable wrench. I used an adjustable wrench only because I got more leverage to turn the nut with it.

After the power steering line is unbolted from both the power steering pump and steering rack and the 3 mounts are off, go ahead and just slip the line under and out of the engine mount and slip the new line right back under the engine mount and reverse the order you took the power steering hose off to put it back on. After you have the new line in go ahead and refill your power steering reservoir.. DONE

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I'm assuming TSX in Canada doesn't get the recall like US TSX's?

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
CANADA does not honor the power steering hose recall or the head light recall
They honoured my cars' headlight problem by way of recall, as well as the trunk wiring harness one from yearsssss ago. But not the power steering one.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Yeah, Canada doesn't do the hose recall, ive done it myself, and it was rather easy.
i didn't remove the strut bar to be able to take the hose out, was somehow able to reach down behind the engine. took me an hour or so

·
Registered
96 Posts
Did you guys go from under the car? I'm having a hard time reaching it through the engine bay.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.