Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2006 tsx 75k miles a steering whines a little is it the fluid or the pump it seems to pump fine other than the noise when turning?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi Wendell,

You might try replacing the outlet o-ring atop your power steering unit. After awhile they tend to harden a little and let air through causing some whining. I'm not sure what the part number is but there are a few threads about replacing the o-ring. There was even a recall for it.

It wouldn't hurt to replace your fluid as well if it's contaminated and the serpentine belt if it's glazed or has cracked ribs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply it's my first on a forum and hope that I have questioned properly ,anyways I did learn that only brand specific (honda acura) ps oil is what you use. My oil was dark probably original oil so I flushed 3 times and my steering is quite now but still dark after 3 flushes I still have a couple of bottles left and will do it more . in a couple of days I really hope that it will turn clear and stay clear after a couple more flushes . or will it always be dark even when I put new fluid in ?

·
Registered
239 Posts
It shouldn't be dark if you did an actual full flush. I remember doing partial flushes initially (replacing fluid only in the reservoir) and having to flush it at least 4 times. The next flush, a few years later, I did an actual full flush. I continously poured fluid into the reservoir and let it exit from the return line into another container. Only then was it truly pure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought 8 bottles of acura p.s. fluid and I have 4 left I wasn't quite sure.. I guess I'll buy 3 more and flush till I run out hopefully it will go clear . it is running properly and with no issues .no more whining. I wasnt quit sure but it seems that it can only hold about 2 3/4 b bottles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts