Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to change mine but I dont know where it is or what it looks like. Any input will help me out greatly. any special tools required?

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
how come you need to change it?theres one on the p.s hose that i only know of.its next to the exhaust manifold.its not hard to see or disconnet either.but if you need to change it your going to have to completely take out the p.s hose to access it.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how come you need to change it?theres one on the p.s hose that i only know of.its next to the exhaust manifold.its not hard to see or disconnet either.but if you need to change it your going to have to completely take out the p.s hose to access it.
when i got my clutch done the shop told me it was leaking. should i just let the dealer do it? im confident i could do it but i dont wanna have a headache either. if its a pain in the ass thing to do

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
well did you take a look at it?do you have the updated p.s hose if not then you should take it in to the dealership and get it replaced.its under warranty due to a recall.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont have a warranty i have an 04 with 150k on it. and i did get the recall dont but that was just the hose not the power steering pressure switch.

Why would that be covered?

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
well replacing the switch would be a bit hard if you dont take out the hose.

·
DiRTBAG Jose!
1,306 Posts
^sweet.

·
Banned
19 Posts
The switch's function is to signal the PCM when the power-steering system exceeds its normal operating hydraulic pressure, like when you cut the steering wheel all the way to one side and hear that hissing sound from the pump. The PCM then raises the idle speed and/or disengages the air-conditioning compressor to prevent the engine from stalling.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The switch's function is to signal the PCM when the power-steering system exceeds its normal operating hydraulic pressure, like when you cut the steering wheel all the way to one side and hear that hissing sound from the pump. The PCM then raises the idle speed and/or disengages the air-conditioning compressor to prevent the engine from stalling.
good to know..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts