Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have an Acura TSX M/T 2004 60k miles.

One of my problems is with the power steering pump when the engine is cold and I turn its makes a really bad noise, when its running and Its between 2.500 and 4.000 rev Its make an rare noise like an electric noise(Im not sure if this noise is power steering pump related) and when I do a fast U turn the power steering go off and the steering gets really hard.

I know It is a common issue but I need the be sure of what parts I need to replace.

My second Problem is with the transmission. When I let the car parked for a long time (like 6 to 10 hours) when I shift to second gear the car makes a rubbing sound. What I need to check?

PD: I live in Dominican Republic thats why my bad english and we don't have an Acura dealer here so don't tell me to go to the dealer.

PD2: This is how my power steering pump looks like after cleanning it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I'll Really apreciate your help.

Thanks

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
For the power steering issue, was the power steering recall taken care of on your car before you had it imported? There was an issue with the power steering hose and the o-ring. When my car was cold, it would whine whenever I turned the steering wheel. I noticed that my car doesn't whine anymore ever since I had the recall performed. It would be really easy for you to do yourself...you just need to replace the hose, o-ring, and top off the power steering fluid, which should only take 15-20 minutes to do.

As for the transmission issue, what do you mean by rubbing sound? Are you sure it's when you switch gears and not because you reached a certain speed? (I assume you tend to switch gears at the same speed.) If the engine is cold, perhaps you are referring to the ABS/VSA control unit checking the pump motor. It does this check when you exceed 10 mph (15 km/h) for the first time after you start the car. Usually we only hear the motor when the car is still cold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've cleaned the hose and checked for leaking o-rings, also I replaced the power steering fluid. The problem didn't stop. Now It's looks like the pump itself is leaking, I saw on ebay a Power Steering Pump Seal Kit but for almost the same price I can get a used power steering pump. If I replace the pump the problem will be fixed?

About the transmission issue I can't explain the sound but I think it is a engine mount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.