Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CAR: 2008, Acura TSX, 117k miles, 5-speed automatic

Hey Peeps,

Newb here from SoCal. Unfortunately soon after purchasing my car I found that the Power Steering (PS) fluid is leaking from the PS Pump itself. So looks like I gotta replace the PS Pump and wanted to know......

1. What are the torque specs for the different bolts to the Power Steering Pump?
2. What is the OEM brand for the Honda/Acura Power Steering Pump? (part #56110-RBB-E02)

I checked out Rock Auto and they have a few choices but unsure which to get: 2008 ACURA TSX 2.4L L4 Power Steering Pump | RockAuto

Much appreciated,
MYAC

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
26 Posts
The two mounting bolts (16 ft-lb)
The two bolts that connect outlet hose to pump (8 ft-lb)
The inlet hose is a spring clamp.

Pump:
I would have said Cardone several months ago but I have had less-than-ideal experience with that brand.
I had a Cardone reman PS steering rack installed on my 08 two years ago (~19K miles).
Last month I noticed the inner tie-rod rubber bellows had already torn open and I'll have to replace it.
There aren't may brands to choose from for PS pumps. I don't think I would choose any of the brands available. I might consider rebuilding the pump myself if it functions properly and just has a leak.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Buddy,

To Rebuild it is an awesome idea...but that would be a totally new project, so do you have any videos or a step-by-step guide for how to do it? ..........And where would I get the replacement parts or gaskets and seals from?

Otherwise I'd have to just buy an AutoZone, Duralast brand for $180 (which has a lifetime warranty, but probably made in China).

Your thoughts...

Thanks,

Pump:
I would have said Cardone several months ago but I have had less-than-ideal experience with that brand.
I had a Cardone reman PS steering rack installed on my 08 two years ago (~19K miles).
Last month I noticed the inner tie-rod rubber bellows had already torn open and I'll have to replace it.
There aren't may brands to choose from for PS pumps. I don't think I would choose any of the brands available. I might consider rebuilding the pump myself if it functions properly and just has a leak.

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
26 Posts
Hey Buddy,

To Rebuild it is an awesome idea...but that would be a totally new project, so do you have any videos or a step-by-step guide for how to do it? ..........And where would I get the replacement parts or gaskets and seals from?

Otherwise I'd have to just buy an AutoZone, Duralast brand for $180 (which has a lifetime warranty, but probably made in China).

Your thoughts...

Thanks,
Ummm,on second thought. Rebuilding doesn't sound so easy. I think I was on a cookie high when I suggested that. Duralast with the lifetime warranty is probably your best bet

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Do you know what the Torque Spec is for both the Power Steering Pulley (and the Idler Pulley, as I will need to change that soon as well)?

I understand that according to your response the:
High-pressure line 10mm-bolts are 8 Ft-Lb of torque
Both mounting 12mm-bolts are 16 Ft-Lb of torque

I also researched and found the following Power Steering Pump knock-off from Amazon to be reasonably priced with a good star-rating: ASIN: B07ZLV3D79

Pump:

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
26 Posts
Pulley Nut (47 ft-lb)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brosky! That's awesome. Where do you get the torque-spec info from...I'd like that too? 😃

Thanks,

Btw, I think this is a good video for changing your Power Steering Pump on the same car:

Yep. See attached

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
26 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks buddy, I swapped out the Power Steering Pump with a Duralast Brand from Autozone....just a few days but so far so good. I will check the torque spec for the pulley nut at 47 ft-lbs and get ready to flush the system.

However, while doing the PS Pump, I remembered that I also need to change the Idler Pulley/Belt Tensioner Assembly (part #: 31170PNA023).

I didn't get anything from manual you sent me....so would you happen to know what the torque specs are for the bolts that hold up the belt-tensioner assembly and the nut for the pulley?

I posted that question here: Idler Pulley or Belt Tensioner Assembly?

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
26 Posts
Three bolts (1 long and 2 short); 16 ft-lb
Most likely a 12mm hex head.

·
Registered
2008 TSX auto
26 Posts
I don't see a nut in the service manual

1 - 14 of 14 Posts