Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealership near me (Boston) overstocked the TSXs in 2010 and has six brand new ones they are trying to find new homes for.

I'm looking at a non-tech 5-speed w/ $30,500+- sticker price and the best price they offered is $26,600 (T&T excluded). It's about in line with the good price (last 6-months) shown on Truecar.com.

Wife thinks we are only several months away from September/2012 and we should negotiate harder, but I think the price is decent for a brand new TSX!

What's your take? thank you all!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Sounds reasonable

I think it is a decent price. Are they throwing anything in like wheel locks, mud flaps, or trunk liner?

I would do it for that price. Would go for tech package even though it would be more.

Do you like the car? Like the color of ext and int?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Martin.
coming from 6th gen Accord, it's like night and day with all the characters we love about a Honda.
We haven't touched upon the accessories they are willing to throw in...good you remind us!
It's gray w/ Taupe interior and we love the color combination. They have same discount on the only tech model left but simply can get over the red exterior.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Tech is worth it, but not a deal breaker... I went ahead an bought the 2011 TSX a month ago and love the power and zip of the car. It is well worth paying 26K if that includes TTL considering that I paid a little over $31.5 w/ TTL. I would agree with Martin, try to get the dealer to tint the windows and install a small lip spoiler.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Tech is worth it, but not a deal breaker... I went ahead an bought the 2011 TSX a month ago and love the power and zip of the car. It is well worth paying 26K if that includes TTL considering that I paid a little over $31.5 w/ TTL. I would agree with Martin, try to get the dealer to tint the windows and install a small lip spoiler.
The $26.6k does not include TTL :(
It's about $28.5k OTD. Now I think $3k reduction for a almost two-model year old is not that great. Will try to negotiate $27k OTD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The $26.6k does not include TTL :(
It's about $28.5k OTD. Now I think $3k reduction for a almost two-model year old is not that great. Will try to negotiate $27k OTD.
Yeah - I think $3K reduction for a two yr model is not worth it. Considering the fact that the 11' TSX now has an internal hard drive and a few other noticeable improvements, if I were you I'd bluff and tell the salesperson that someone offered you that same price ($26.6k) for a brand new 10' TSX and he needs to include the TTL in that price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
kBB used trade in value is 26025

I figured it as having 500 miles and as a trade in condition excellent . I think you are getting a good price.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Difficult to compare TTL

Varies state by state . Mississippi the tax is 5%. However tag is over 1 k.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no deal for 2010

the dealer is sticking to his gun. $26.6k before T&TL. It probably makes more sense to negotitae a 2011.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I think it is a good deal on the 2010

If you plan on keeping it for a long time it makes sense to go with the cheaper older yet new car. Warrranty will be the same for the 2011 or 2010. It is from in-service date.

You are getting it for the price of a used 2010 trade in. Private party and dealer would be even higher.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts