Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Speaking as someone who thought from the start that the TSX was actually underpriced, I would expect a larger price increase for the '05 than what most people seem to think. This is regardless of whether there are any upgrades or additions.

Even besides whether it was underpriced to begin with, and how easily the cars are being sold, and all the awards and positive reviews, there's these other factors:

(1) It will have been an unusually long time since the prior model year, about a year and a half. So, even just in terms of usual price adjustment, and even given the very low current inflation, that's probably $400 increase right there.

(2) The dollar has lost a lot of value relative to the yen (as well as most other foreign currencies). I don't know the exact numbers, but if this were factored into the price in an exact way, there would be a very significant increase in the price. It won't be anywhere near exact, but it's reasonable to expect some increase from this factor.

(3) With the economy having begun to pick up, everybody is looking to increase prices of everything wherever possible.

Putting it all together, my guesstimate would be an $800 increase in MSRP. Actually I think it should be more, but nobody else is saying anything close to that, so.....:

'05 TSX non Nav: $27,290
'05 TSX with Nav: $29,290

(Not counting the $500 destination charge)

Remember, this isn't even a rumor, it's just flying by the seat of my pants. :D

We'll see!

·
Registered
138 Posts
IMO Acura will not increase the price without adding features... that's been Acura's track record so far.

I'm guessing Acura will add heated outside mirrors at least... that's what they added to the RSX this year- the RSX for crying out loud!

PS, the destination charge is actually $545 now, not $500 (for all Acura vehicles).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Altersys said:
IMO Acura will not increase the price without adding features... that's been Acura's track record so far.

I'm guessing Acura will add heated outside mirrors at least.....
Cut the **** -- what's your numbers? :D

No good to say "So-and-so-much if THIS, and so-and-so-much if THAT."
Be brave, just give a coupla numbers like I did!

I stand by those numbers, no matter what changes do or don't happen.

If they're within $100-$150, I'm declaring victory. :D

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
I also think the heated mirrors will be added. Also a couple of new colors. Sticker price up $200, but the actual transaction price now about $25.5 non-nav in the NYC area will stay about the same. Still a bargain, just like the Accord IMO.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, where do I know this guy from...... ?

(Great to see you, Bob! Hope you'll be stopping by a bit.)

·
Registered
332 Posts
There's one huge variable which I'm afraid is strictly in the heads of the Honda sales execs - how many they would like to sell?

Before everyone says "as many as possible", the Saityama factory can only produce a fixed total number of Euro, JDM Accords and TSX. Given that an Accord 2.4 Exec runs 22,000 pounds sterling, my bet is they don't necessarily want to increase TSX production if it means less Accords.

If there sales targets remain at 15k units, expect a sizeable price increase, unless they add more capacity (another variable).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kiteboy said:
.....If there sales targets remain at 15k units, expect a sizeable price increase, unless they add more capacity (another variable).
That's part of what I'm assuming.

I figure there's not much reason for them to try to sell many more than they already are, and several reasons for them not to. So that would mean the supply-demand factor would be just about the same that it is now, maybe if anything a little more favorable to the car because of increased awareness.

So that leaves all the other factors, which I think would mean (as kite says) a sizable increase.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
bob shiftright said:
I also think the heated mirrors will be added. Also a couple of new colors. Sticker price up $200, but the actual transaction price now about $25.5 non-nav in the NYC area will stay about the same. Still a bargain, just like the Accord IMO.
:sprint:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts