Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I wanted your opinons on this offer:

2005 TSX 6-spd manual, w/Nav
Colors - Red/Black (not important, but hey, I'm excited)

Car 27374
Wheel & Tint 267
Warrantee 1300
Title and License 200
Subtotal 29141
Tax 1899.70179
Total 31040.70179

The extended warrantee is 7yr/100K miles bumper 2 bumper.

Thoughts?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Looks like a good deal for a TSX, the taxes seem high though....which State do you live? Other than that, you planning on keeping the car for 7 years or 100k to warrant the extended warranty?

·
Coming soon ABP 05 TSX
32 Posts
Sounds pretty good if you finance it or more the 20,000 make sure you get the GAP ins it's like 500 but is worth every penny.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
2kgtx said:
Sounds pretty good if you finance it or more the 20,000 make sure you get the GAP ins it's like 500 but is worth every penny.
How likely is it that you will total your car within the first year? GAP is a rip off.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tax & Gap

I live in TX and I think my tax rate is 6.5%. I'm financing through USAA, how provide GAP insurance for free for the life of the car.

The driveout ended up being $31K flat including the waranttee & Nav

·
Registered
64 Posts
martynellis said:
I live in TX and I think my tax rate is 6.5%. I'm financing through USAA, how provide GAP insurance for free for the life of the car.

Sales tax on cars registered in Texas is 6.25%, and congratulations on your new TSX. I live in Texas and you got the same color combination I got last weekend.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
martynellis said:

I have USAA tooo...but they no give me GAP. What rate did you get from them? They hooked me up with 3.90 in Jan 2004.

·
Registered
64 Posts
martynellis said:
I got a 4.75% loan from USAA.

Manavi, did you buy yours off the lot or did you order it?

Martyn
We bought it off the lot. We drove from Austin to Houston to buy it since it was the exact combination we were looking for and it was literally unavailable at any other dealership in 12 states. I'm keeping a look out for any other red TSX's, but haven't seen one yet. Come to think of it, I usually only see a TSX at all a few times a week. It's nice to have a unique car, isn't it? :thumbsup:

·
Typing with G4 Powerbook
16 Posts
My out the door price on an '05, non-navi, 6-speed, splash guards, was $30,127. But, I leased it for 4 years, 18K miles a year, $4K in cash down, for $359 a month. The buyout is $12,873.

Get the GAP insurance. My buddy totalled his Explorer last fall and he was $4K upside-down on it. Long story short, he has no new Explorer and had to eat the $4K that the insurance company would not pay.

·
Suffolk TSXer
11 Posts
Got my Satin Silver TSX w/Navi here on Long Island (expensive place to live) about a week ago for
$27,800 BASE
$1,386 for a remote starter, tinted windows, moonroof deflector, metal trim
$1700.65 sales tax (8.75%)
w/ all the license fees, etc. out the door for $30,972.15 if that helps.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Price paid

I just bought my Carbon Grey 6MT without Nav. last Saturday for $25,800. They ended up throwing in locking lug nuts. I bought it at Sunnyside Acura in Nashua, NH. I was very happy with the dealership. They took a long time getting the car ready, but were thorough and knowledgable. It's nice to find "car guys" at dealers once in a while.

·
Yankee Killer
37 Posts
VTecFan -

I am currently negotiating with both Lewis Acura and Sunnyside. What was your starting point with Sunnyside acura?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry, I didn't see your question. You may already have bought the car. Sunnyside started out at $26,100. After I did the deal over the phone, I had calls from 3 other New England dealers. When I told them I was buying the car from Sunnyside, they all offered lower prices. Boston Acura told me they would sell it for $25,500. I told all of them I was sticking with Sunnyside. When I picked up the car, I mentioned to the business manager, I had these other offers but stuck with them and he said they would "do something" for me. They took another $300 off. I wasn't looking for that and it was a nice surprise. Great dealership.

·
Registered
954 Posts
pocketkiller said:
Can you tell me a little bit about the free GAP?
Heh, I don't know if you can really consider it "free". You'll notice that the rate you got from USAA is lower than the one he got. 3.9% vs. 4.75%, which will more than cover the cost of GAP insurance.

S

·
0 Posts
what dealer did you get it from in houston? i am looking to buy a tsx with nav. but havent been able to reach the 27k something deals.

thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Well, I just entered the realm of TSX ownership. I bought my Premium White Pearl, 6-speed, with navi, wheel locks, trunk tray, splash guards, and fogs at Jones Acura in Lancaster, PA. I highly recommend the dealership. Great customer service! I didn't get mine on the lot (they had to locate what I wanted and have it delivered; only one on the ground in an 8 state radius) but I still feel like I got a good price. I paid $28,179 + tax/tags. Sticker was just over 30k. I picked it up Saturday.....what a ride!

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
2005, TSX 6 spd w/ nav. $31K (including tax and blah blah blah) out the door. rallye acura in roslyn, NY.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts