Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for opinion and guidance on pricing and purchasing a 2004 Acura TSX A-Spec with 6 spd manual and navi -- has 117K miles.

It is in "average" condition, not "good" and not "rough" -- New Cars, Used Cars, Car Reviews and Pricing - Edmunds.com trade-in value is about only $5K. I did test drive it. Drives well.

I am thinking of buying this car located at a dealership in Southern Ohio, not an Acura or Honda dealer.

The car has had its hood repainted, which has faded a bit from the rest of the car (Milano Red). It has been in a minor accident involving the rear, but looks fully repaired. No "A-Spec" badge, but I wonder if that is due to a replaced rear trunk lid that did not come with the badge.

The car was made in "03-2003." It's 10 years old this month!!! It has been on this dealer lot since Nov. 2012 -- nearly 4 months now, and no sale.

I will also have it mechanically inspected pre-sale, at least at a local Honda dealer. Any mechanical issues to be aware of? Also, does this 2.4 litre have a timing chain, not a rubber belt, that does not need to be replaced at 105K or 110K?

This will be a step up from my 2004 Accord V6 with 5 spd automatic and navi.

Any help and opinions are appreciated!!! You may also contact me at [email protected]. I would pay about $6K for this car. Your thoughts? Thank you!

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Ford dealer has the 2004 TSX A-Spec with 117K miles listed asking $11,995. It was traded in on Nov. 19, 2012, and no sale to date. Seems very high priced.

·
True Honda Head
785 Posts
Clean retail by Nada is $11,000.00. Again without pictures at least to judge the car by it's hard to give you a good estimate. Check that link I posted.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Seems awful "high" priced to me!..my 08 tsx with half the miles of this 04 was only 12,000$ with only one previous owner and zero accidents..I would shop around.....just my two pennies

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Price is way to high. Here in CA there is a local 04 6spd aspec, nav and with only 80k miles for 12k. I would negotiate hard. I bet you can get it for what they paid. Usually dealers don't like to keep cars more than 90 days. You can tell it's over priced and not in the wrong market.

·
Registered
247 Posts
To put things in perspective, two weeks ago I bought a 2007 CGP TSX, 6 speed with Nav & 118K miles for $11,200. Their price is really high.

·
ridiculously good looking
646 Posts
I would avoid the 04. Get an 05 or newer TSX. 04s usually run into air conditioning failures. Also, test drive the car above 60 mph. The car is notorious for shaking from 20mph - 60mph (due to worn inner axle joints). Good luck!

·
pandaTSX
50 Posts
The Ford dealer has the 2004 TSX A-Spec with 117K miles listed asking $11,995. It was traded in on Nov. 19, 2012, and no sale to date. Seems very high priced.
I think $11k its lil too much IMO. $9-9.5 i'd say its a better price. I had bought also an 04 tsx with Navi, and altough it had a lil more milage, about 150k, I paid $6.5k.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last year I paid $8k for my 05 with 73k on it.. Mine is auto and not an aspec but I'm certain if you looked around you could find something better.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just paid $6,900 for an '04 TSX w/ Navi with 145,600 miles on it. Drove it from Austin to San Antonio at about 70 to 75 mph all the way. No issues.

·
Registered
184 Posts
So how much does the TSX get in price increase for A-Spec? I know KBB doesn't have that option...Am thinking of selling my TSX.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
So how much does the TSX get in price increase for A-Spec? I know KBB doesn't have that option...Am thinking of selling my TSX.
What makes a car aspec?
-front, rear, and side pieces (probably 1k brand new)
-suspension (800ish brand new)
-spoiler (300-400 brand new?)

all 3 pieces are items you can buy and put on yourself. There are no official trim models for the 1st gen tsx other than navi, which has nothing to do with aspec.

With that being said, when you buy a used car, its up to the buyer to value added parts. Personally, i find there is very little price difference between a tsx and a tsx with aspec parts in the used car market. it's kind of like a person selling a car with tons of aftermarket mods. Usually you get more money just parting out because regular folks who dont care about mods won't value the mods. Their offer will be close to what they would offer for a completely stock tsx. $0.02

·
Registered
36 Posts
2004 6MT Black Interior 112,000 paid $12,200 bought as of 04/29/2013.

Lets keep in mind that the black interior 6 speeds are stupid hard to find in my surrounding area. Only 2 that I know of and one's mine. I always check if I see another..

Plenty of 6 speeds but mostly tan interior. Plenty of black interior but mostly automatic.

Also, mine already had A-Spec ground effects installed when I got it and a brand new A/C System costing $1,750.04 that the dealer installed at no cost to me. :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts