Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Since I'm awaiting for the HT spec coilovers, the version 2's, to be coming out, it's time to start looking for rims lol. I ran into these and am a lover of mesh style rims. I think our cars or perfect for them, but then again, it's really a matter or preference.

States are as follows:
Rim- Privat Natz 18, Width is 8
Bolt pattern is 5x114.3, which should fit perfectly, courtesy of this forum's awesome members answering it 1000 times on other posts lol. Knowledge baby!

Now, the offset is 30, and I'm looking to get a flush look in the front and back when lowering my '08 tsx.

With this offset, can this be achieved just by itself, or will have to get add something extra, such as a spacer, etc....? I don't mind it being a little tucked inside in the back, but just wanting to see what everyone thinks. Attached should be a picture of the rim. Sexc, if i might say so lol.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
depends who you ask and how you define flush. come out to this and you'll see tons of different setups.

http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/south...y-2-2011-saturday-socal-meets-norcal-pt2.html

I see you're in EG so i'm sure you'll see my setup at one time or another as I'm in south sac

Personally, not a fan of Privat wheels as they are not as reputable as other brands are (volk, enkei, ssr, mugen, weds, etc), but I'm sure they are functionally fine.

·
5,412 Posts
http://www.tsxclub.com/forums/tsx-month/46694-july-2010-tsx-month.html

maybe this'll give you an idea on how my specs look in terms of "flushness"

Hit me up if you ever need help with something (did all the work on my car) as i'm always down to help out any locals. I also know of a good alignment place if you're super low.

Let me know if you gonna go to the meet in SF and you can caravan with whoever is going from sac.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
go with 18x8 +40.... it will be flush with fenders

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Thanx man. I guess I'll keep trying to narrow down good silver mesh rims. Axis Penta's seem to go great with this vehicle. If anyone has any recommendations, please feel free :)

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Excellent Thanx man. Not to be off topic, but those replica headlights that Mr. heeltoe is offering are looking extremely attractive. I think he mentioned some ziptie work that'll need to be done for mounting purposes, for which I have no issue with.

Tekneek, have you had any good experiences with any shops in the Sacramento, or greater sacramento area, that can take care of the installation for me? I would Do it myself, but being a court reporter is a bitch sometimes lol. Thanks man.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If you're looking at mesh wheels at the price range why not a set of Enkei EKM3s?

Those are 18x8,+40 with 235 wide tires. I'm flush in the rear and sticking out a bit in the front.

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
a fantastic ride indeed! I guess I'm looking for more of a deep dish look than that. Although those rims are hot! Good choice for your ride, bro.

·
5,412 Posts
Excellent Thanx man. Not to be off topic, but those replica headlights that Mr. heeltoe is offering are looking extremely attractive. I think he mentioned some ziptie work that'll need to be done for mounting purposes, for which I have no issue with.

Tekneek, have you had any good experiences with any shops in the Sacramento, or greater sacramento area, that can take care of the installation for me? I would Do it myself, but being a court reporter is a bitch sometimes lol. Thanks man.
what exactly do you want installed? I highly advise you to do it yourself. it will take a day at most if you take your time and take breaks and stuff. Shops will charge an arm and a leg. if you really don't wanna be involved then you can pay me and my friend to do the install for you (assuming its suspension). I have a toolset and a jack so i'd just need a place to do it (e.g. garage). Half the fun of buying stuff for your car is to put it on yourself. Like i said before, i'm down to help you if you need it, as long as you get us in&out after we done :laugh:

·
arucA xsT
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what exactly do you want installed? I highly advise you to do it yourself. it will take a day at most if you take your time and take breaks and stuff. Shops will charge an arm and a leg. if you really don't wanna be involved then you can pay me and my friend to do the install for you (assuming its suspension). I have a toolset and a jack so i'd just need a place to do it (e.g. garage). Half the fun of buying stuff for your car is to put it on yourself. Like i said before, i'm down to help you if you need it, as long as you get us in&out after we done :laugh:
Just needing the headlights installed, the replica headlights on Heeltoe. Hell, if you guys do suspension and won't charge an arm and a leg, I don't mind pm'ing you guys for my coilover install once the folks at Heeltoe are offering the Version 2 dampers with the type 2 coilovers (can't wait.)

but yeah, just the headlights right now. I'm just worried about stuff like condensation, and am sure a more "experienced" person would be comfortable installing and tuning the lights (tuning, as in adjusting lol.)

Cheers, bro. Enjoy the nice monday weather at night in Sactown. Gonna heat up like MOFO pretty soon!

Feel free to pm me or aim me anytime if you do need a hand with anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts