Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been driving my car with no problems and this is what started to happen...keep in mind its on stock shocks with Tein H-Tech springs....

Everytime I go over a "bigger" bump I can hear the front driver side "squeak".

Also, my car pulls to the right under acceleration - maybe torque steer?

But it pulls to the left when i brake...

Any ideas?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Check your upper A-Arm. Ball joints go bad sometimes and it does exactly what you state. You might also be able to see your camber is not right on that wheel.
Lift the car slightly to release tension on that ball joint, then pull the hub to whie having your hand on the ball joint.

Also, look at lower arm bushings deterioration (know issue) and ball joint loose. Lift the car until the wheel leave the ground and pull the wheel while having a hand on the ball joint.

Finally check your inner and outer tie-Rods. Best way I found to diagnose is to keep the problematic side on the floor, jack the other side and play with the steering wheel. You should hear it and be able to feel while helped by someone else.

Hope this helps,

J~

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So on this topic - i checked and everything looked good until a couple weeks ago - driving back from the auto show and the steering wheel was shaking violently - had to have the car towed to a shop - turns out the upper ball joint had over 1/4" play each way - got that replaced but was still doing it and getting some vibration as well - after looking on the forums a lot of people said the CV axles can be the culprit - so i changed that and had an alignment and that got rid of the sweaking as well as the jerking of the steering wheel - but the steering wheel does have vibration around 70+ mph and does "shimmy" from side to side a little bit....

Any suggestions? i am getting new tires today so they will be re-balanced so im hoping that helps it....

any other ideas are welcome...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts