Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my new TSX 4 days ago and I LOVE it. Everything about it is so great, no regrets. Yesterday, I pulled out of my driveway and on my way to work I noticed that the Navi was about 10 miles off. It had me crossing over highways while pulling off of my neighborhood street. I went to the setup and reconfigured my position and it was fine until tonight. I got in my car an hour ago and was on my way home and noticed it was off AGAIN, i reconfigured it and its back to normal. Is this something that is happening to other people? Im going to be PISSED if it does this often, or even at all. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
1,344 Posts
it's only happened once. I was in a lake. I didnt reset it because I was driving and didn't care enough so I shut off the screen. By the time I was home it was ok again.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
I've never had anything exactly like that, or even heard of it!
I have had some weird things, especially in stormy weather -- like, the Nav seems to have a brief nervous breakdown and give ridiculous instructions, but nothing at all like what you say. From time to time, it might happen that the position is off a bit, like 100-300 feet, but that's all.

Sounds abnormal.


P.S. Nav still thinks my house is across the street, over there >>>>
So what am I doing over here? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well the thing is, my fix to the problem isnt perfect. When Im coming off of roads that arent "digitized" it still is somewhat whack, but will get back on track after a few seconds of being on a real road. Anyone have any ideas? Im calling the dealership tomorrow and will see what they say. Thanks.
 

·
BUM
Joined
·
1,242 Posts
If the road is not "digitzied", then it may not accurate track your position. Also, there could be changes in the road that the NAVI has not updated yet. Did you tint your windows yet? Metallic tints can disrupt the NAVI signal from the satellites. It could be a faulty GPS, but doubtful. have you tried cleaning the DVD? I would suggest NOT reseting your position and just monitor the problem for the next few days. No one here has ever heard of this problem (and believe me, somebody would have), so I doubt its something wrong with the GPS. Keep an eye on the board and keep trying our simple solutions for now.
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
pocketkiller said:
If the road is not "digitzied", then it may not accurate track your position. Also, there could be changes in the road that the NAVI has not updated yet. Did you tint your windows yet? Metallic tints can disrupt the NAVI signal from the satellites. It could be a faulty GPS, but doubtful. have you tried cleaning the DVD? I would suggest NOT reseting your position and just monitor the problem for the next few days. No one here has ever heard of this problem (and believe me, somebody would have), so I doubt its something wrong with the GPS. Keep an eye on the board and keep trying our simple solutions for now.
I agree completely.

And I do suspect something is wrong, and your Nav needs to be check out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
Maybe not related to your problem....but I find out that my Navi will show a split screen for the upcoming turn. The distance start decreasing from 900 to 100 ft. Most of the time, the turns actually come up when the Navi said I still have a 100 ft. I don't pay much attention to it (I mean before you mentioned in this topic) because there are seldom two turns in the same direction less than 100 ft. apart, so I figure those are the turns.

You guys see the same problem ?
 

·
, Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
10,086 Posts
Diesel said:
Maybe not related to your problem....but I find out that my Navi will show a split screen for the upcoming turn. The distance start decreasing from 900 to 100 ft. Most of the time, the turns actually come up when the Navi said I still have a 100 ft. I don't pay much attention to it (I mean before you mentioned in this topic) because there are seldom two turns in the same direction less than 100 ft. apart, so I figure those are the turns.

You guys see the same problem ?
Yes indeed.

It isn't usually a problem, as you say. But sometimes it is -- it can be really confusing and ambiguous.

And in fact, sometimes the error is in the opposite direction -- the Nav thinks you're at the intersection BEFORE you really are.

So, at such places where there are multiple possible turns, I'm sometimes saying, "WHERE? WHERE?"

What you really have to do in such situations is to look closely at the configuration of the intersection on the Nav screen. It usually shows the whole configuration of everything, with the arrow indicating "fairly" clearly which one you're supposed to take.

But not always.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
204 Posts
larchmont said:
Yes indeed.

It isn't usually a problem, as you say. But sometimes it is -- it can be really confusing and ambiguous.

And in fact, sometimes the error is in the opposite direction -- the Nav thinks you're at the intersection BEFORE you really are.

So, at such places where there are multiple possible turns, I'm sometimes saying, "WHERE? WHERE?"

What you really have to do in such situations is to look closely at the configuration of the intersection on the Nav screen. It usually shows the whole configuration of everything, with the arrow indicating "fairly" clearly which one you're supposed to take.

But not always.
Oh, I thought mine is just something that's not calibrate right. According to what larchmont said, then everyone has the same problem as mine too.

Yes, look closely at the right screen configuration is the only way out. Good advice from larchmont as usual :)
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top