Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, guys! I'm from Russia Honda Accord - Êëóá ïîêëîííèêîâ è ñ÷àñòëèâûõ îáëàäàòåëåé Õîíäû Àêêîðä . Our cars Honda Accord CL9 2.4 (excutive and Type-S 2003-2007) are identical to your Acura TSX by engine and automatic transmission.
We have unresolved problem - the failure of the revolutions of the engine when you reset the accelerator pedal.
How it's look like:
?????? ???????? honda accord 2006 2.4 5AT — Rutube
We already install the throttle body from Acura TSX and many another OEM parts,but it does not yield results. You met with this problem on a Acura TSX?
Very BIG Thanks from Russia!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely no one met with such a problem on the TSX? We have already changed the throttle, fuel pump of high pressure, all the filters, spark plugs. As a result there has been no effect.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In this video there is an error of the engine. What about engine errors...On my machine and on many other no mistakes. HDS sees nothing. This problem appeared after cleaning throttle body. Was made adaptation of the engine idle by service manual after cleaning, but the problem remains.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Maybe you have tried this already, if not:

Unplug the battery for 10 minutes then try again. Also, the "Check Engine" light will not stay on without there being a code.

You cleaned the throttle body? Can I ask why? Did you remove it? Did you unplugged anything from it? I forgot to watch the video, I will try to watch it tomorrow.

·
Triple Platinum Member
603 Posts
Try 2 things:

unplug the electrical connector to the throttle body and clean. It looks like a well sealed unit, but I actually did find some corrosion in mine and the check engine light stopped after cleaning.

the next is the accelerator pedal position sensor. follow the throttle cable from the gas pedal to a black box located near the strut tower. i had an issue where the RPM's were jumpy with a constant throttle, no check engine light, but the wear on the sensor was causing the ecu to move the throttle body erratically between 17 and 21% during highway cruising (i know because i monitored and logged absolute throttle position). when i replaced the sensor, i found more slack in the cable than expected. with the new sensor and the slack adjusted out, things were much smoother, and the pedal felt like it was more directly connected to the throttle...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Try 2 things:

unplug the electrical connector to the throttle body and clean. It looks like a well sealed unit, but I actually did find some corrosion in mine and the check engine light stopped after cleaning.

the next is the accelerator pedal position sensor. follow the throttle cable from the gas pedal to a black box located near the strut tower. i had an issue where the RPM's were jumpy with a constant throttle, no check engine light, but the wear on the sensor was causing the ecu to move the throttle body erratically between 17 and 21% during highway cruising (i know because i monitored and logged absolute throttle position). when i replaced the sensor, i found more slack in the cable than expected. with the new sensor and the slack adjusted out, things were much smoother, and the pedal felt like it was more directly connected to the throttle...
Thanks guys!
Pedal position sensor already replaced - no effects. What about cleaning of electrical connectors of throttle body...this idea. I will try to do this.
Why I cleaned the throttle body? It's my new car, I always cleaned the throttle on all my machines. Yes, I removed all connectors from the throttle body.
Today I disconnected the battery for 10 minutes - no effects.I'm not surprised :) Like I said earlier some of the guys changed the throttle body(from Acura TL) (TPS sensor inside) - no effects.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Сделай сканером сброс эку, он положение ДЗ не понимает. Было такое у нескольких пацанов тут после чистки дросселя.

You have to reset ecu with scanner, it has problems with recognizing tb plate position. We had few similar cars here after tb cleaning.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't know. This is not my video, and one of the people with this problem. Check Engine does not affect the failures of the engine speed. And Check engine is not the cause of the failures of the engine speed.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
1) Warm the car up to operating temps
2) Turn it off and disconnect the battery (you will need the radio code) wait 10 min
3) Connect the battery and start the car, once it is started only the gas pedal at 2k until the thermostat opens (keep AC off and have someone look for the fan to kick on)
4) Once the fan turns on release the gas pedal and let the car idle on its own for 3-5 min.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, but this procedure does not work. Correction oxygen sensor as before is 1,11-1,17, there is a slight vibration of the engine and jerks of automatic transmission.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.