Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Car:
06 5-speed TSX, only engine mod is a DIY K&N shortram intake. Suspension mod: FF type 2's /w stock rear sway bar and stock camber kit.

Products I will be giving my insight on:
•Ultra Racing 4 point Rear Brace (UR-RL4-390)
•Cusco Type I 2 point Front Brace

Performance-
1 being shotty, 10 being best.
10/10 Must have for aggressive drivers!

I do not track my car, I only use it for daily commutes roughly ~300-400 miles a week, mostly highway.

I've had the braces on for about a week now, and I can confidently say that the difference in car stability during turns is night and day. Before the braces, during a turn at high speeds my car would feel like it would lift from one side that caused the car to lose traction and force me to either let go of the gas pedal or brake slightly to regain control. But now with both rear and front braces the car feels GLUED to the ground!! I can confidently take sharp turns with ease. To my surprise, it completely felt like different car with the increased handling. Keep in mind, a brace will only stiffen your cars chassis to reduce flexing, and (I believe, dont quote me on this) it doesnt play a part in your suspensions damper adjustments on how stiff it will be.

Installation Difficulty-
1 being easiest, 10 being hardest.
3/10
Very easy to install, only part that got tedious was the extremely long subframe bolts. But I was able to get them loose without a hitch.

Appearance/Clearance-
I love the ass glances of my car now, you can see the UR 4 pt rear brace and I love every bit of it! I do have my car lowered but so far I had no issues with scraping over speed bumps or driveways. All about angling folks!

Would you buy it again, and suggest to others-
Absolutely, one of the best bang for your bucks to increase handling HANDS DOWN.

Pictures
**Keep in mind my car is lowered with zero wheel gap on 17" Enkei Evo 8's****

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
Great review and pics. That Marlboro pic scares me. We have manhole covers at least 3 times as high and sometimes no way around them cause of narrow streets. Would love more of the planted feel though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Very cool! Since the roads in Florida are some of the best, this might be a mod I'll look into.

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never seen the fastline bar in person but I can say Marcus at heeltoe does sell some quality parts. As for fitment/installation for the fastline it should be the 100% fitment and easy installation like the Ultra Racing brace

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Any issues with scraping after half a year?
I scrap on some beat up roads but other than that, no. There isnt scrapping up driveways if angled correctly. Handling difference is night and day, but if you're planning on slamming your car then I wouldn't recommend buying the brace

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Royal Flush Crew
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Your car looks pretty slammed lol mine's at this height

think that'd be an issue?
You should be okay at that height, I was lower than you on 17's before with the brace, no issues on driveways or roads at all. Unless the road was REALLY jacked up, the roads that has little bumps all over and holes where you cant avoid it.

Good review! these will be my next mods.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Thanks! Try my best to help the community :laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts