Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my progress RSB in the mail from Heeltoe. I plan on installing it at work monday.

The question is. Which setting to use?

Which holes are recommended?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Just follow the instructions. Ones stiffer and ones not as stiff. It's up to you.

I went with the stiffer/tighter setting. Get the full effect from the rsb

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
the holes toward the bar itself (the second set of holes that face the rear of the car upon installation are noted as the "stiff" setting. Most people set their bars to this setting. The holes that face the front of the car are the "soft" setting.

Good luck with the install!

·
四世
1,767 Posts
For some reason when I had it on the stiffer setting my rear suspension was rattling like crazy. When I put it on the softer setting it stopped. :squint:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ill try the stiffer setting. If I dont like it Ill move it to the softer.
I have to put my Ingalls camber kit on and align it too.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
i have yet to install my rsb...lol... its used so should i get the new prothane bushings and also get moog endlinks?....

·
UKDM Guru
216 Posts
I have mine's set on soft and the TSX ride and handles just perfect for me!
Same, although i might change to the stiffer setting for the next time on track. Although it handled beautifully this time anyway

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the bar installed last night before I left work. Made a good but of difference. I put it on the stiffer setting.

Tonight I have to install the Ingalls rear camber kit. And align it if I have time. I think Next thing I'll need is moar low. Currently Im on the pro kit but I think full coils are in the future.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
... I should of known better. God damn honda's and there love for freezing the bolts in the rear lower control arms have struck me yet again.

This literally happens to every honda/acura RLCA I've ever had my hands on.
Had to cut the bolts out. This wouldnt have been a problem since the Ingalls kit replaces them. But I didnt have the proper size bolt to put back in. So I stuck in a grade 5 SAE bolt and parked it out back.

Hopefully tomorrow within one of the dealerships I can get the bolts. I would replace it with a grade 8 from the hardware store but there the eccentric bolts.

·
Registered
90 Posts
... I should of known better. God damn honda's and there love for freezing the bolts in the rear lower control arms have struck me yet again.

This literally happens to every honda/acura RLCA I've ever had my hands on.
Had to cut the bolts out. This wouldnt have been a problem since the Ingalls kit replaces them. But I didnt have the proper size bolt to put back in. So I stuck in a grade 5 SAE bolt and parked it out back.

Hopefully tomorrow within one of the dealerships I can get the bolts. I would replace it with a grade 8 from the hardware store but there the eccentric bolts.
This is exactly what happen to me. I ended up going with the wicked tuning kit instead.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got it out. Acura had the bolts in stock so today I finished it up.
Had to take a torch to the one bolt and get it pretty much red hot and then immediatley pound on it with a air chisel.

This task is impossible with hand tools.

After I got all the bars on the back I went over to the aligment rack and got everything in the green. Now, like I thought. I want to drop it more. Time to save for the F&F coils.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I did removed everything with my hand tools, no air in my garage. :)

You just need to be patient and use common sense and heat.

Just trying= breaking.
(As an example, my bil broked brake lines, lca arm bolts, etc.)

Keep in mind that I live in a north country with lots of salt.
Now, there are dipped in antiseized thank you very much.

·
Registered
350 Posts
No, no torch at all just your regular MAPP gas bottle. It heat at a higher point then the propane one.(Roughly 200F higher)
Nothing fancy here.

I wish I had torch!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts