Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed Progress now makes rear sway bar and springs for the TSX Anyone have them on their car yet? :rollsmile

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Bring this back to life..

I just got mine today.. I was wondering if you guys think I made an mistake..

Progress uses Polyurethane bushing... I heard this needs to be regularly oiled...

1. what kinda lub
2. what's regular ? every oil change or when it squeeks ?
3. deal with it ?

its still new in box unopened.. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had experience with progress springs in the past, Rode pretty good and price is decent i say go for it.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Update: My sway is still great

G

·
I have installed Progess springs, rear sway bar, and camber kit. The height is just perfect and the ride is just fine except I installed +03 accord KYB GR2 shocks/struts as well and I have a severe problem with the front of the car hitting the road when I go over small dips on the freeway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
sniff -

Do you have any pics of the drop on your car? Also, why would the KYG GR2 cause our car to bottom out?

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
i have a progress rear sway bar, but seems like noone know how it fits with out getting the lower brace with it??

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
chyllintsx said:
so CYDE.... how often u gotta re-oil ur urethane bushings???
I don't haha!

cuz my progress bar is like sititng in my garage, anyone want it??

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
Cyde said:
i have a progress rear sway bar, but seems like noone know how it fits with out getting the lower brace with it??
wat u mean by noone knows how it fits without gettin the lower brace?... noone knows how to install it u mean???

i justed PMed u....

·
818TSX
231 Posts
sniff- how is the camber kit by progress, i heard its a little pricey for the front and rear. Do I really need front and rear camber kits? I heard that Ingalls works good for a good price.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
Um.......Cyde means he doesn't have the lower arm brace, so he can't install that thing~

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
chyllintsx said:
wat u mean by noone knows how it fits without gettin the lower brace?... noone knows how to install it u mean???

i justed PMed u....
yup won't work, the progress bar is really weird, it works in conjunction with their lower brace, with out it, you can't mount the sway bar

·
, Moderator Emeritus
9,337 Posts
i'm about ready to purchase a RSB and have searched for good threads comparing the comptech and progess. I found a few and this one intrested me because of the talk about an additional piece for the progress RSB to be installed. is this true?

and which is the better RSB now comptech or progess? does the new comptech come with the better bushings?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,154 Posts
BlueTSX05 said:
i'm about ready to purchase a RSB and have searched for good threads comparing the comptech and progess. I found a few and this one intrested me because of the talk about an additional piece for the progress RSB to be installed. is this true?

and which is the better RSB now comptech or progess? does the new comptech come with the better bushings?
LOL BlueTSX you can search you ass off and not get an answer to which is better as it depends on preferences.. ppl who have one or the other seem to defend their purchase.. I think the most important factor is if you are planning to get an aftermarket exhaust because the comptech will come in contact with all but their own exhaust and the OEM one.. for my car i have the progress RSB because i have the Greddy Evo2 exhaust.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
9,337 Posts
did you need to get additonal items to put it on?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,154 Posts
BlueTSX05 said:
did you need to get additonal items to put it on?
Nope the product came with everything I needed however my endlinks were rusted so I had to get new ones.. but its because my car is an 04, dunno if it makes a difference. Id say look under and check if your endlinks are rusted or not if so then buy them first before trying to install it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Got my tsx last about 3 months ago, and I am planning to do a suspension mod this year. I dno't think I will play with heights even if I get coilovers and don't wanna have to pay everytime I want to change the setups etc. Also, snow and too much salt where I live helped me to get away from coilovers. Hence, I was thinking Koni+Neuspeed springs.

However, I found a place where I can get Koni(760)+Progress Springs (228).

Does ne1 have experience with Progress sport springs?
Do the prices look reasonable? They are in CDN$ tax in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts